I just want to post the information I have in the hopes it will help someone else.
After the issues with the PCV reading double rpms I had to send it back on my dime to dynojet (mind you this was a brandnew unit purchased from them) just for them to tell me it was a bad PCV and nothing they did would fix the issue. So I got a new one a week later.
Excited to get my rzr running I install it and magicly all seems well.
So now i have installed my muzzy exhaust and Holz intake manafold / throttle body and the machine will not idle or run correctly.
So I have tried this that and the other thinking it was tps/tbap and so on with no good results. Then I pulled the PCV and magicly it fires right up and runs like a champ. Im starting to not care for the PCV at this point.
Anyway Ill post back with any fixes that I find.
I would really like to hear from some others that have the PCV/Wideband2 and other similar mods that are having success because I really like the autotune feature but if it keeps causeing me issues Im going to be saying toodles to the PCV.
i have a similar problem with my PCV but mine will no longer read TPS it is getting 0 TPS voltage and sometimes it does the double rpm thing and yesterday my autotune decided to quit working right before the tps quit working. my pc3 works fine so i know its not the rzr i would just use the pc3 but i can because its not powerful enough and can provide enough fuel. imho the PCV is a POS from the day i got it
No improvement. The only thing that seems to make a difference is when the PCV looses power completely and from a fresh start it seems to run fine. Im not sure what else can be tested or checked so I guess its another phone call to Dynojet.
I dont like hearing that you guys have the same issues or similar.. haha however it does make me feel a little better that Im not the only one!
If they cant get me one that works or figure out what the issue is ill just pull it and use a digitune. At least my wideband2 seems to work perfect.
what kills me is that dynojet wont even attempt to help. as i said it caused me to miss a race today which threw me completely out of the championship chase and probly throwing me out of the top 10 for the season. first race ive missed in 3 years. and missing today threw away sponsorship opputunities. and dynojet wont even admit theres a problem they keep telling me its my fault that i must have damaged the unit. and that i can send it to them and they will tell me if it is the unit or not. not replace it just tell me if its the problem duh its the problem my pc3 works fine. what erks me is that they are the only ones that have the product we need n they know it n have us by the balls
the guys i have delt with were very nice and seemed to know what they were talking about. but if the product has issues they need to step up and own it not stick it to their customers. i like the product i want it to work and hopefully it will.
i hope for dynojets sake these are the few isolated issues and not wide spread.
Ok I think I have this figured out. And I would like to say thanks to BlackBart and his comment that led me to the answer. "NOTE: in making adjustments to the Idle Adjustment screw, you are changing the butterfly and this will affect the TPS reading. AND when you change the TPS, you are changing the Fuel & timing maps(internal in the ECU). The TPS will also alter & change your RPM's.
Also you DO NOT wait the TPS voltage reading to get to .742 cause that's when the ECU changes it's internal fuel map from IDLE to Accelerate mode. If the TPS is TOO high, the ECU gets confused and doesn't know when it's idleing. "
That got me thinking so I checked my Holz throttle body tps voltage and it was reading .764 at the idle reading which would put it in the accelerate mode and explains why it was having such trouble running (rich as hell).
So I figured what the hell I have nothing to loose and loosened the tps set screw just a pinch and started tapping on it until the volts read .735 ish and tightened it down.
Started the machine up and it actually started and jumped up to rpm like it was supposed to. It idled a little rough and back fired a couple times so I shut it down started it again and it ran even better. Gave it one more start and its running just like it did when I picked it up from the dealer.
So it would seem that the last issue I have is getting my brandnew muffler back to Muzzy so they can fix the leak and then its off to teach the hills a lesson in respect.
Now I just hope all this headache and money was worth it. If not I guess Ill just try putting more into it. haha.