Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone ever take apart, if even possible, and powdercoat shock springs off of an 09-14 RZR 800S stock Sash shocks? I don't like the black color. I'd like to paint the spring red. How much trouble is it and can it be done? Or, do they make RED springs to replace the stock black ones?

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
It is possible, would not be cheap to bead blast the old spring then powered coat them. Have you looked around for red replacements springs. Use to be available. Probably not any more. The other thing would be to remove, scotch bright them and shack can them. Other options would be a set of red shock covers.

·
Premium Member
7,620 Posts
Considering the worthlessness of stock sacked-out Polaris springs on the Sachs non-rebuildable shock, either put a set of springs from RtPro or Bandit UTV Suspension on, or a complete shock replacement from Bandit. If color is the goal and you can't buy red, just clean and rattle-can them. Easy enough to take the springs off, only need a 1" ratchet strap, and that's only if installing new springs.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the stock springs are not hard to get off? I might go that route and just paint them myself. Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
7,620 Posts
Just realize that you will gain probably 2 inch of ground clearance if you change the springs; or change the spring and shocks you'll get better ride too. @atvpro [email protected]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts