Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna get started on my home made snorkel but I'd like to see what everyone did so I can get an idea.

Please post some pics. Bed off would be ideal!

Also where can I order blank PVC online. Can't find it locally.

And what happens to the front diff vent?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in Miami and I've been to every local HD/LOWES I could find and nothing in black :-/ I guess I'll just paint them

·
Registered
160 Posts
There is a difference in ABS ( black ) and PVC ( white ) so just painting PVC isn't going to be the same. What the difference is i have no clue. If i had to guess i would assume one has a higher shock resistance. Maybe someone can chime in and tell what the difference is.

I have seen several posting explaining homemade snorkels for the 800's however only a few for the xp's though.

I'm considering making a homemade job myself for my xp, i just need the time to figure out how to run them with two intake stacks and without 90's if possible. Just been tied up with work the past couple of months so it's been hard to find the time to tinker with it.

·
Registered
298 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow^^ that's exactly what I was looking for!!! Couldn't thank you enough!

Now if I could only find black pipe locally

·
Registered
298 Posts
Wow^^ that's exactly what I was looking for!!! Couldn't thank you enough!

Now if I could only find black pipe locally
Not a problem man, I was lookng for pictures before i did mine, and a few people came through with them. So I figured when i was doing mine i'd be sure to take a few god pictures to maybe help someone else out down the road.

Most of it went together pretty good, But to make everything fit exactly how i wanted i ended up using a heat gun to add some bends to the two pipes going across the top of the motor.

Around here finding the white pipe is harder to do then finding black stuff.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm not really sure how to explain this. But i knew when i started i wanted them to be exactly centered on the machine. So i found the center line and did all my measurements from that point out. And too know how far apart the vertical pipes would be i just put 2 fittings beside each other on the bench and measured to the centers of them.

But when it came to the whole drilling part thats where it got tricky I tried using a hole saw but that seemed to be hard to do to make anything fit. so i ended up just rounding out the holes that were on the back of the ledge towards the back of the machine and i cut square holes down the front a couple inches until i mad them deep enough for the pipe to fit through.

I hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I ran all my vent lines into a manifold set up i made out of differnt brass fittings, and then ran one line off of them into another brass fitting i had tapped and screwed into the 90° fitting coming off the cvt exhaust. I'll try to get a picture today for you. I figured it was the cleanest way to do it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I ran all my vent lines into a manifold set up i made out of differnt brass fittings, and then ran one line off of them into another brass fitting i had tapped and screwed into the 90° fitting coming off the cvt exhaust. I'll try to get a picture today for you. I figured it was the cleanest way to do it.
Did you happen to remove the back housing of the cvt and seal it? I've read tht there isn't a water tight seal to the motor and water getting in.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Heres a couple more pictures.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Did you happen to remove the back housing of the cvt and seal it? I've read tht there isn't a water tight seal to the motor and water getting in.
No i never did Remove the entire cover. I had read the horror stories from other people. But at the time i was doing my snorkels i didn't have the clutch tools to be able to pull everything off. So i just went with what i had at the moment. And luckily mine was actually sealed up from the factory. How i tested it was once i got everything together i clamped off my vent line and filled the CVT full of water to the top of the snorkels and just checked for leaks. I figured if anthing could get out it could also get in.

I've had it in water to over the top of the box and i've still yet to have a leak. Even only using just the factory CVT seal for the cover.

But this winter when i pull everything apart i might just pull the back housing off and seal it up just for my own piece of mind.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok last question I promise.

What did you do with the vent to the oil tank?
The one that is visible when you remove the air intake prefilter on the side of the bed

·
Registered
298 Posts
Ok last question I promise.

What did you do with the vent to the oil tank?
The one that is visible when you remove the air intake prefilter on the side of the bed
I drilled a hole in one of ths snorkels going into the air box. I believe it was the second one from the driver side. I drilled the hole in the back side of that snorkel so it didn't interfer with the front of the bed. and just used another barbed brass fitting and screwed that into the pipe. the factory hose was more then long enough to reach the new snorkel.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Actually Scratch that if you look at this picture the second snorkel from the right with the white sticker on it is the one i ran the oil line too it still goes to the air box. And i drilled the hole on the outside of the curve low enough so the bed didn't interfere with it.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts