Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nope, still rockin the 570 for now haha. Still debating on which one I want, that and the price of any of these 4 seaters is just ridiculous IMO. I have test drove and looked at most of them and am leaning towards the Maverick Sport Max. It seemed the most comfortable and I like how it comes with full doors on it stock but I am also leaning towards the Teryx4 because you can pick those up brand new for the price of a used anything else and it comes with a full 3 year warranty. Decisions, decisions.....
I'm in the same boat I want a 4 seater but not sure which one is the best. I also looked at a maverick sport max and I really like the amount of legroom it gives the rear passengers but I'm not sure of the ride quality, My two younger brothers have XP's and I love the ride on those but the rear seats are a little snug. Have you driven a sport max? how are the noise levels and what is the ride like? I think the Yamaha are the quitest out of the bunch but the ride quality and top speed just aren't there.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm in the same boat I want a 4 seater but not sure which one is the best. I also looked at a maverick sport max and I really like the amount of legroom it gives the rear passengers but I'm not sure of the ride quality, My two younger brothers have XP's and I love the ride on those but the rear seats are a little snug. Have you driven a sport max? how are the noise levels and what is the ride like? I think the Yamaha are the quitest out of the bunch but the ride quality and top speed just aren't there.
I have test driven the Maverick Sport Max around a dealers quarter acre or so gravel parking lot. It was quieter than the 570, I am mainly assuming since the engine is farther away from you in the drivers seat, and seemed to ride pretty smooth but I didn't have any rock fields or anything to take it over other than a few rough/washboarded sections of the lot. I am sure the XP's would still ride smoother since they are a wider machine with more wheel travel. It felt smoother than my 570 though with EXIT shocks on it but some of that could have just been the difference from going to a longer and wider machine. My kids, 5 and 9, both loved the rear seat on the Maverick. I would love to be able to test drive one out on the trails. I am thinking of looking around for a rental this spring and see if I can rent a Maverick one weekend and a teryx the next and ride the same trails and see which one we like better.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ditto on figuring out which one and not having a money tree in the back yard. I'm looking more toward sport utility, which still keeps the Teryx4 on my list. They are supposedly bullet proof and used ones are pretty affordable....relative to the others. Now I'm trying to decide if I'd be better off in the long run with a three seater, like a Defender, Ranger or Viking. I'm still considering a Pioneer 700-4 deluxe and the Wolverine x4. I just can't use one of the long wheelbase units like the Defender Max or the 4 or 6 seat Rangers. They just won't fit where I ride due to length. All of them have shortcomings and strengths. It's fun to search though, and I've exhausted all the YouTube videos on all of them, lol.
Haha, yeah I have watched tons of youtube video as well. The funny thing is opinions are all over the board on whichever unit you're looking at. I will watch one video with a bunch of mostly stock teryx4's just walking all over everything else and be set on the Teryx, then watch another video of the Maverick doing the same thing and then your like, well crap now I want that one haha. I think I need to find a couple of rentals this spring and test drive them on the trails I normally ride so I can see which one I actually like the best in my typical riding conditions.

In my area, the Teryx4 used usually ranges from 10-13k with worn out tires and little to no aftermarket accessories or you can usually pick up a brand new for 14k vs the Maverick Sport Max at 16k used or 20k new.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I see the Teryx4's around here more in the $7500-12,000 range, but I honestly don't know what kind of shape those are in. I agree that the reviews on anything are all over the place, sometimes comically so. Renting some of them is a really good idea. I may have to look more into that myself.

·
Registered
73 Posts
No money tree here either but with 4 kids I wanted a 4 seater also. I decided to take a 570 and cut it in half and make one. I love my 570's. It's certainly not the fanciest looking thing but it gets the job done very well. We abused it last summer and it did great!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think I remember seeing some pics of that while you were in the planning stages, or during the build. Either way, that thing looks like a blast. If my trails weren't so tight (we made them with atv's), I'd love to have one like that.

·
Premium Member
7,507 Posts
Canned Hams have a reputation of being an oven in the cockpit.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Canned Hams have a reputation of being an oven in the cockpit.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk Pro
From my understanding that is more of a Maverick X3 issue. I ran into a few guys running the Maverick Sport Max's on the trails last year and specifically asked them about cab heat issues and no one seemed to think it was any warmer than any other UTV's they had ran with full half doors. I don't remember what type of windshields any of them were running though. Anything with doors and a full windshield is going to run hotter than a half windshield and flag doors (or whatever polaris calls their stock style of door with the bottom open).

21 - 28 of 28 Posts