Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best one and why? I currently have the polaris lock and ride but it bends in due to my visor removal and tusk roof. Have no interest in going to a glass windshield as it’s only on for a short time of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
355 Posts
I use Super ATV's foldable. Because it folds down. While I never know what I'm going to need/want it, I too didn't want to be trapped behind the thing if I didn't need it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have the SATV fold down shield that is supposed to be scratch resistant.

If im not washing the machine down, im too affraid to touch the thing to clean it off.

Next windshield will be glass, without a doubt.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I pressure wash mine clean, hit it with the foam cannon and a micro fiber.

Im talking during the day, out riding, it gets dirty... I see guys that just grab whatever and wipe them off.
I just cant do that, i'll scratch the heck out of it, no matter how scratch resistant it may be, i know for sure
that i'll trash it in no time.

It'll be replace with glass in due time, i have other things planned to buy before i replace something
ive already bought once.

·
Registered
355 Posts
What kind of speeds can you ride with it up? Doesn’t bow in at all at speed?
Oh lord, I don't know. I've not GPS'd it. Guess I can when I get it out here next week or so. I've runs past an indicated 90, and this with 30's. But I'm not stock either, and who knows how accurate the GPS is. I've towed it windshield up and down, and in candor it might have less drag up. That's got to be incorrect, but you get the idea.

If it helps, I just ran it out to my storage shed and was running about 70 down the highway. Just cruising easy, no strain at all, and it was up then. Cause it was c c cc c cold out.

I do think bows in at the top some. I think I notice it about 70 up. Not much, for it has a pretty substantial upper lip to protect it from bowing.

if I have any criticism it's that it lets in some water at speeds over 65 or so. It has to, for you have to set any flip-down low enough to clear the roof brackets as you flip it up and down. If you have one of course.

·
Registered
355 Posts
BTW, I keep a bottle of water in one of the cup holders and two pre-soaked clean soft terry cloth hand towels in baggies in the glove box. Real handy for getting dirt and mud off.

In my opinion there is no perfect answer. I've not scratched mine, but I do have a tiny rock chip in it now. But I would not forgo flip down, so there goes glass. If I could have both I would! On the other hand, I'd bet my glass would have been broken by down too, so...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts