Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Have you had problems with "YOUR" 2010 RZR transmision?

• YES

Votes: 44 11.7%
  • NO

Votes: 331 88.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has actually had a problem with their 2010 RZR transmision and if so how many Kilometers or miles do you have on it? Also if so what was the problem?

I have one and I have no problems. It grinds if you shift slowly but if you make sure your RPM has droped down to below 1300 and slap through the gears it shifts flawlessley. Of course it's not going to shift well if your RPM is up. Thats just common sense with most anything.

·
Texas RZR
40 Posts
Less than 400 miles and it locked up on me. It's been at the dealer for a week getting fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What month did you buy it Hellrzr? Also what do you mean "Locked up"? Do you mean you can't move the shifter at all?

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
about 250 miles on mine. no issues and most miles have been in low gear in and out of awd.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
300 miles here without a problem. Glad to see the poll tho. I was starting to wonder with what I was reading. Of course no one will say anything if they are having no problems.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
It may be a bad batch of parts like the case with the broken springs. From what i've read on here the replacement parts look identical to the parts that come out. Those lock rings may be part of a bad lot of parts. That could be the reason for a lack of recall. I'd imagine the problem shows itself when changing gears which happens at a complete stop so its probably not seen as a safety concern.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The poll is looking good. I do alot of shifting because I ride woods trails and your speed is always changing to cope with the trail so i'm going from high to low and from low to high constantly. Also my AWD switch gets switched quite often as well.
Looks like the tranny issues might be inflated by the ticked off customers who have to deal with Polaris customer services and the odd crapy dealership that we find once in a while.

·
Registered
46 Posts
2010 walker evans with about 300 miles. Had it in at 20 miles for grinding into any gear. They had it for a week and a half and has been fine ever since than.

·
Registered
17 Posts
300 miles and the only issue was when I parked on a hill on the first ride. It took a little effort to get it out of Park. I haven't verified it yet but I'm pretty sure mine was built before the 17 May 2010 magic date. Half my riding has been high speed logging roads and the other half has been in low / AWD in mud, water, steep hills etc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
300 miles here without a problem. Glad to see the poll tho. I was starting to wonder with what I was reading. Of course no one will say anything if they are having no problems.
+2. I was getting worried too. This poll is a relief. Thanks OP!

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
700 miles no problems

1 - 20 of 151 Posts