Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you for all your help on this matter.
I am getting a code 4 - 523-1
I saw that it can be low voltage ......but was wondering if anybody had that code before and was able to fix it.
Thank you in advance for all your help and suggestions.

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
Start with this first
Check you battery voltage / charge it ... Rzr's do stupid things when the battery gets weak
Check your battery cables and terminals confirm they are tight and clean
Check your main chassis ground in the rear driver side wheel well . This is a stud with a nut where your main ground attaches clean and confirm it is tight
Check for any wires that have possibly rubbed through the insulation and maybe grounding

Here are some other possibilities

P0916: Gear Shift Position Circuit Low OBD-II Trouble Code
The gear shift position sensor/transmission position sensor tells the TCM and ECU what gear you have selected with the shifter. If there is a low voltage signal on the transmission shift position sensor circuit, a P0916 DTC will be saved.

check the round sensor on the side of the motor where the shift cable is.

Maybe the connector is unplugged or cable is damaged.

Could be the whole sensor is bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Start with this first
Check you battery voltage / charge it ... Rzr's do stupid things when the battery gets weak
Check your battery cables and terminals confirm they are tight and clean
Check your main chassis ground in the rear driver side wheel well . This is a stud with a nut where your main ground attaches clean and confirm it is tight
Check for any wires that have possibly rubbed through the insulation and maybe grounding

Here are some other possibilities

P0916: Gear Shift Position Circuit Low OBD-II Trouble Code
The gear shift position sensor/transmission position sensor tells the TCM and ECU what gear you have selected with the shifter. If there is a low voltage signal on the transmission shift position sensor circuit, a P0916 DTC will be saved.

check the round sensor on the side of the motor where the shift cable is.

Maybe the connector is unplugged or cable is damaged.

Could be the whole sensor is bad.
THANK YOU SO MUCH MAX!!! i changed the battery, but at first the gears came back up, then started to provide wrong gear and after 2 minutes back to engine light and no gears on display. All this just at idle in the garage. Will try to look for all the other possible issues you recommended. Thank you so much for your help on this!! I ordered the round sensor that you suggested .
regards

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
In order to clear the codes you may need to drive it in Low range at about 4000 rpm or less for 30 seconds or so
Keep us posted and let us know when you figure it out ...good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In order to clear the codes you may need to drive it in Low range at about 4000 rpm or less for 30 seconds or so
Keep us posted and let us know when you figure it out ...good luck
I did not have time today to drive, I will do it tomorrow morning and report.In the afternoon I should receive the gear position sensor. Finger crossed Max.Thank you for all your help! really appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts