Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the weekend my Polaris winch broke. The side knob that lets you free-spool it wont re-engage, its just keeps spinning. Has anyone else every had this happen? If so, how did u fix it?

I had the winch installed when i bought the rzrs in august of 2010 and I purchased the 5 yr warranty. Will this warranty cover the winch?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Don't know if warentee will cover it or not. Def. something internal in winch is broke which is common. Should be easy fix, parts are not too expensive.

·
RZR Rock Crawler
988 Posts
FYI...Polaris winch is a chinese knock-off. Polaris stopped using Warn like 3-4 years ago...hence events like this. A lot don't realize it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Over the weekend my Polaris winch broke. The side knob that lets you free-spool it wont re-engage, its just keeps spinning. Has anyone else every had this happen? If so, how did u fix it?

I had the winch installed when i bought the rzrs in august of 2010 and I purchased the 5 yr warranty. Will this warranty cover the winch?
If you get the chance, take a few pics of the repair for us. I got a Polaris winch too, hopefully it never happens to me, but if it does it would be nice to see how it was repaired. Thanks!

·
RZR Rock Crawler
988 Posts
Actually just spoke to dealership, and they will cover the winch for one year as long as the dealership installed it.
Thankfully..you're ok. But that is CHEESY right there..."as long as the dealership installed it". :rm_thumbdown:

I can see them not covering electrical if you installed it...but the WINCH? Come on. Who takes their winch apart, and reassembles to install it?? Nobody.

Warn winches...LIFETIME MECHANICAL warranty...no matter who installed it. One year electrical warranty, no matter who installed it.

You get what you pay for....

·
<<< My personal RZR jack
612 Posts
Actually just spoke to dealership, and they will cover the winch for one year as long as the dealership installed it.
Thankfully..you're ok. But that is CHEESY right there..."as long as the dealership installed it". :rm_thumbdown:

I can see them not covering electrical if you installed it...but the WINCH? Come on. Who takes their winch apart, and reassembles to install it?? Nobody.

Warn winches...LIFETIME MECHANICAL warranty...no matter who installed it. One year electrical warranty, no matter who installed it.

And correct me if i'm wrong but Warn is even cheaper (price) than Polaris.

·
RZR Rock Crawler
988 Posts

And correct me if i'm wrong but Warn is even cheaper (price) than Polaris.
Montana Jacks sells the Warn RT30 for $352 and the RT40 for $445. I'm not sure what Popo sells the 3500 knock off...but they could be cheaper.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I have a Warn RT40 out for repair to fix a cracked case. It only has a one year warranty as well...not sure where the lifetime warranty claim comes from. While I do think the Warn is at least marginally better than the popo unit, describing one as a piece of junk and the other as perfection is far from the truth. Many people have had success with the popo product. And many of us have had grief with Warn. Just my 2 cents.

·
RZR Rock Crawler
988 Posts
I have a Warn RT40 out for repair to fix a cracked case. It only has a one year warranty as well...not sure where the lifetime warranty claim comes from. While I do think the Warn is at least marginally better than the popo unit, describing one as a piece of junk and the other as perfection is far from the truth. Many people have had success with the popo product. And many of us have had grief with Warn. Just my 2 cents.
That's interesting. RT40 has a lifetime warranty...says so right on the website. I'm not sure where the limited part is...but I wouldn't have expected it to be the case.

Warranty: Limited Lifetime (valid in USA and Canada only)

Montana Jacks (Steve Jackson) is an authorized Warn Service Center. He's the guy to ask...nobody knows more about winches than that guy.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a Polaris winch that will not free spool. Has anyone had this as well and had to fix it themselves? Looking to see if it has already happen to someone else and suggestions on how to fix it. I think that i am going to try and take it apart next week when I have the time and space to see what might be broken.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts