Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My factory installed 4500 winch stopped working on my 2021 pro xp sport. I took it to the dealership and they said the winch is fried and I need a new one. Polaris is not covering this under the factory or extended warranty, which is really frustrating given the infrequent use and age of the winch, but what can ya do.
I don’t want to buy another Polaris winch given the experience I’ve had with it, is swapping out the Polaris winch with, say a Warn or other brand going to be plug & play with the existing wiring or will I need to rewire everything?

· Vendor
1,572 Posts
Sorry to hear about your winch, that is disappointing they won't warranty it. If the wiring and solenoid are good, a new winch should pretty much drop in where the old one was. There's just the two power leads on the winch itself that can be connected to a new winch.

How is it mounted on your machine?

The Warn VRX 4500-S, Super ATV 4500, or Motoalliance Viper 4500 are all good options. Let me know if I can get you a rzrforums.net member price on any of those options.

· Registered
64 Posts
Exact same thing happened to me with Polaris winch. I installed Warn VRX45-S. Swaps right in. Only thing is where wire runs will be on drivers side now as the winch needs to be flopped opposite direction. Polaris wiring is plenty long and it took less than 5 minutes to re route it.

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just wanted to update this thread.

@RockPeakUTV looked at some pictures of my machine and how the winch was mounted and suggested the SATV 6k winch, and hooked me up with a discount code. It arrived very quickly, like suspiciously quick. The install was super easy, everything lined up and I was able to reuse the existing cabling and solenoid. Took me about 30-40 minutes from start to finish and was as plug & play as it gets. Couldn't be happier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts