Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how much space remains under the Polaris spare tire flip up rack? I run rigid boxes and I wanted to see if they would still fit. TIA Dave

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have not installed my pivot tire rack yet but I do know that you can open both Polaris storage containers pretty good when the rack is lifted. Here are some pictures to compare. If you have 2 Rigid boxes then you're perfect. You could easily have 3 Rigid boxes but would need to pull the top one out before opening if it's sitting further in like in the image. Hope this helps.

IMG_9028.jpg IMG_1047.jpg IMG_1045.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have both of the Polaris storage boxes and the tire carrier, I am able to access both boxes even with the carrier closed. However it is much easier with the carrier raised up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have both of the Polaris storage boxes and the tire carrier, I am able to access both boxes even with the carrier closed. However it is much easier with the carrier raised up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have all as well and fully agree. Just wish the tire rack wast do darn heavy!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have all as well and fully agree. Just wish the tire rack wast do darn heavy!
Exactly. It’s built so good I could probably have my two teenagers ride up there. Pictures coming soon haha

I’ve been thinking of other options because the load limit or recommendation for these is stupid weak. 4 grown athletic adults puts you at your limit. Ha

·
Registered
160 Posts
Exactly. It’s built so good I could probably have my two teenagers ride up there. Pictures coming soon haha

I’ve been thinking of other options because the load limit or recommendation for these is stupid weak. 4 grown athletic adults puts you at your limit. Ha
RE: Load Limit, I think properly spec’d Shock Therapy springs/rates would allow increase in overall Carrying capacity. If you are routinely at that limit with mentioned 4 adult passengers and cargo, I’d give them a call to discuss. By the way you can carry the stock size tire/spare nicely just resting on the rear lip of the cargo bay (designed for it) but without the storage/ice boxes. Still some space underneath for other things but obviously not as convenient.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks @M3Law I’ll do that. I’ve been looking for solutions for better clearance and ST was one of my next places I was going to look. Just curious if that will all work with the Dynamix. I’ll find out soon.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks @M3Law I’ll do that. I’ve been looking for solutions for better clearance and ST was one of my next places I was going to look. Just curious if that will all work with the Dynamix. I’ll find out soon.

Thanks again.
Yes, they will tune with dynamix as well for sure.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it is designed to sit above the factory trunks pictured below, hope that helps,
View attachment 651985
Thank you!
I have not installed my pivot tire rack yet but I do know that you can open both Polaris storage containers pretty good when the rack is lifted. Here are some pictures to compare. If you have 2 Rigid boxes then you're perfect. You could easily have 3 Rigid boxes but would need to pull the top one out before opening if it's sitting further in like in the image. Hope this helps.

View attachment 651989 View attachment 651988 View attachment 651987
Perfect! Tells me what I need to know...I'm rolling the dice and getting it...hopefully it'll do what I need it to. Thank you for the pics!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RE: Load Limit, I think properly spec’d Shock Therapy springs/rates would allow increase in overall Carrying capacity. If you are routinely at that limit with mentioned 4 adult passengers and cargo, I’d give them a call to discuss. By the way you can carry the stock size tire/spare nicely just resting on the rear lip of the cargo bay (designed for it) but without the storage/ice boxes. Still some space underneath for other things but obviously not as convenient.
I plan to get the Shock Therapy setup once I have my rig loaded up...

·
Registered
147 Posts

Those boxes look great and look like they fit perfectly ! Can I ask where you go them and if you have a part number handy? Thank You

·
Registered
40 Posts
Those boxes look great and look like they fit perfectly ! Can I ask where you go them and if you have a part number handy? Thank You
I picked them up at Home Depot :: RIDGID 22 in. Pro Organizer, Black-222571 - The Home Depot

They lock together which makes it really nice for keeping things tied down. Ridgid makes some of the same boxes with clear lids. I picked two of them up (mainly because I like to be prepared for everything) however the clear lids are not strong enough I felt so I ended up with 2 boxes in the link above and I'll get 2 more I'm sure once I find a roof rack that I like.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I picked them up at Home Depot :: RIDGID 22 in. Pro Organizer, Black-222571 - The Home Depot

They lock together which makes it really nice for keeping things tied down. Ridgid makes some of the same boxes with clear lids. I picked two of them up (mainly because I like to be prepared for everything) however the clear lids are not strong enough I felt so I ended up with 2 boxes in the link above and I'll get 2 more I'm sure once I find a roof rack that I like.
Thank you for the info and the link!

·
Registered
19 Posts

Love this set up- how are you securing the Rigid boxes to your RZR? I have been looking for brackets but only see ones for the older body style 1000s and Turbos.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Love this set up- how are you securing the Rigid boxes to your RZR? I have been looking for brackets but only see ones for the older body style 1000s and Turbos.
I have not figured this part out just yet because I'm going to have them on a roof rack if I ever find one that I like.

However, I have seen a buddy of mine who used a similar setup where he bought 3 boxes and then screwed the bottom one to the RZR. If I didn't have the Polaris boxes then this is what I'd do for sure.

With these particular boxes you can see in the image below that you possibly could just remove the lid of the third one and bolt it to the RZR since it includes the latch. Doing this would only increase you 2.5" rather than the full size of the box... that is if you were worried about the height, otherwise I'd say keep the full box because it's more storage but I realize it might not be needed.

IMG_1099.jpg

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm being told by the dealer that the speaker pods won't fit with the tire rack. True?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts