Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer calls me and said polaris is now selling a big tire kit for the 170 now. its suppose to be i think a new sproket and chain or something to that. anyone seen what polaris is selling ?i know alot of people on here have changed out thier sprocket months ago. is it the same thing polaris is selling ?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
go to www.purepolaris.com and check the stuff that they sell.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The kits do look good. Does anyone know what size they are going up to?
I already have 22" Mudlights on ITP rims for the Rear, & through the stock rear tires up front, but could use something narrower up front.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I went to my dealer yesterday and ordered the kit .I had a disount card so I got it for $453 + tax,they told me it will be in early next week.

·
Registered
27 Posts
What kind of discount card did you have? I got mine for $519 with no discount card but he cut me a nice break on the regular price.

·
Registered
31 Posts
When I bought the RZR.the dealer I bought it from gave me a one time 20% discount on any parts purchase .I have been saving it till something came out that I really needed.Of course when I went to use it I couldnt find it ,I went back to the dealer and found out the salesman I bought it from is no longer there.Talked to another salesman and he was more than happy to give me another card.(I bought the RZR a year ago today).so I went over to parts and ordered the kit and they told me to keep the card for the next time.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Anybody get one of these kits yet?I stopped in at my dealer today to see if mine was in yet--Backordered,they told me to check back next week,said it should come off backorder in about 3 days...Fingers are crossed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I ordered just the sprockets and chain because I already bought the wheels, dealer said the chain was in but I would have to wait on the sprockets. the is a 15T and the rear is a 36T what is this going to do for speed and bottom end?

·
Registered
152 Posts
If I'm figuring it correctly Stock geraing is 2.58:1 and the new gearing will be 2.4:1 since the kit is larger tires this seems like it will be faster but may lose bottom end. Might be a slug out of the hole, and hard on belts. But the larger gears may be eaiser on the motor. Not sure what Polaris had in mind here. My gearing with an 11T is 2.8:1

·
Registered
27 Posts
Are you running 22" tires? If so can you tell us how the 11t sprocket changed top speed and acceleration? Sometimes with CV clutches when the using lower gears (higher ratio) the top speed can be increased when before the gearing change the clutch does not push the belt to the top.

I agreee not sure what Polaris was thinking by putting a lower gear ratio doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well I've got more done than just the 11T sprocket, which also affects my speed. I also have the C&D clutch kit. So with the 11t, clutch kit and 22" tires my top speed is 35mph. I have great bottom end which is what i wanted for the dunes and trail ridding.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts