1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
What I do not like about the Polaris roof is the cut back. It allows rain to land on you.

Polaris doors are the way to go for inserts. We tried another cheaper option first and did not like them. Should have gone Polaris first.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I do not like about the Polaris roof is the cut back. It allows rain to land on you.

Polaris doors are the way to go for inserts. We tried another cheaper option first and did not like them. Should have gone Polaris first.
Wow, that's huge. Great info on the roof, thanks brother!

·
Registered
35 Posts
On the Polaris roof we have a back window to keep out dust and rain so no problem.
Like the roof and easy install and removal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Me personally went with the EMP cooter brown roof. When it rains we keep dry, well somewhat. Polaris lowers are the way to go, unless you go with a full door!

·
Army Signals Retired
245 Posts
As sandblster mentioned, I also don't like getting rained on with a roof so, I cut down my 1/4in windshield I used to have to fill in that gap on both sides, just measured out from the widest point back (just painted it black to match the roof), it's also good for cutting down on the sun in your face.

Also have the door inserts and they are great.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
lower door inserts are horrible unless they come with braces. I purchased the pro armor inserts, used them for 2 hours and took them off. They were horrible. Now they are sitting collecting dust because they wont admit its a poor design.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the polaris roof and am pretty happy with it. I have bounced off a few trees and put a crack in it on the corner but the crack doesn't seem to affect the function in any way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have both on my rzr; I purchased from Rocky Mountain ATV as they were less expensive than directly from Polaris.

Roof looks good and it works to keep some sun off you. Doesn't work as well keeping rain off though. Tends to want to bow slightly in the middle due to being lexan. Get a little extra weather stripping just in case, I had to add a little to the front to stop rattles. Also after a year I've had some paint start to flake near the bends in the rear "spoiler."

Lower doors don't fit well IMO. There are recesses in the body panels, mainly in front, in which the lower weather stripping should fit flush but doesn't. They work just not the fit I expected for the price. On a plus they tighten the doors up and stopped some rattling I was having.

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Lower doors on eBay for $128.00. Looks just like Polaris OEM’s, just need to put some weather stripping around edges/or not.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not real pleased with the Polaris roof, RZR 900 4, where the 2 halves attached they used shoulder bolts, couldn't tighten them all the way, I had to find my own rubber washers since they were not included, also only 2 attachment points on the front, you could hear that front lip buzzing going down the road, I drilled out and installed 2 pop rivets in between the factory bolts, only good thing i can say is I got a discount because the packaging was damaged, no damage to the roof though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts