Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a call from my 2 Seater Pro XP Ultimate dealer today that a recall on the tender spring had been issued and they are ordering the replacement springs which they will install upon receipt.
I did not complain or communicate with the dealer in this regard. Just a call/text out of the blue.
I trust this will become a trend.
I did confirm tender spring only. Asked if it was the tender spring from the 4 seater as I have considered ordering that as an interim fix before full Shock Therapy progressives. Dealer did not know.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have you looked into the ride command and checked to see if any recall was issued yet?
Not this time, as of yet. I checked that page on each vehicle several times over the winter and spring but havent even sat in the rigs or gone online since returning from Memorial Day weekend trip...gotta pay the bills with the day job. 😊

·
Registered
653 Posts
i wonder where your dealer is getting the recall notices from. i do not see any polaris recalls atm.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i wonder where your dealer is getting the recall notices from. i do not see any polaris recalls atm.
Do not know. I just received a call and reporting what they said. I have not checked independently. Also, I don't have any special relationship with the dealer. In fact I've never warrantied anything nor use them for any service or even complained about the weak springs on the 2 seater. A total call out of the blue but certainly consistent with the rumors and discussions here at RZR Forums. So, I didn't doubt and said yes, order and let me know when I need to bring in. They would not allow me to just install the replacement tender springs myself "because it is a recall" but said it would be no cost to me.
I thought to report to the community here. FWIW.

·
Registered
653 Posts
ty
do you happen to know, or anyone else for that matter, what years and model this applies too?

·
Registered
637 Posts
I got the call today too, lol a day after I picked it up... You would think Polaris would learn to just put good quality springs after sooooooo many years of crappy springs and recalls, it prob costs them the same after recalling them and giving out a second set plus the added bad reputation of the worst springs in the industry

Could you imagine what people would say if RZRs came stock with Eibachs or ST ...now it would be the best suspension in the industry .. prob would sell more units and have happier customers, Kinda blows my mind how something so simple to fix keeps plaguing them for years on end lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just talked to my Dealer about spring issues on Wednesday and he called me today, Friday to tell me that Polaris will be updating springs if I wanted. Of course I said yes. He said he will order and contact me when he has them to setup time for installation. I hope this will be better quality and resolve sagging issue.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ty
do you happen to know, or anyone else for that matter, what years and model this applies too?
Mozart,
I purchased this 2 seater PRO XP Ultimate White Lightning on February 27. This is for two seater Pro XPs only. I don’t know if ther3 is a production range or applicable to all 2 seat pro XPs.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ride command showed 2 open bulletins on pro xp. 1 was for a screen protector and the other was for the tender springs. Dealer ordered all the parts so should be good to go next week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got the call today too, lol a day after I picked it up... You would think Polaris would learn to just put good quality springs after sooooooo many years of crappy springs and recalls, it prob costs them the same after recalling them and giving out a second set plus the added bad reputation of the worst springs in the industry

Could you imagine what people would say if RZRs came stock with Eibachs or ST ...now it would be the best suspension in the industry .. prob would sell more units and have happier customers, Kinda blows my mind how something so simple to fix keeps plaguing them for years on end lol.
I bought mine (in Red) end of May and just got a snail mail recall from Polaris about the springs as well. I have to contact my dealer and see where things are, but agree the springs are terrible. Huge G-out, no Pre-load set ability and losing ground height. Plus, I have the Walkers set to full hard to compensate making the ride even worse..except for the Dunes. FYI, going either ST or full ST FOX IQS system.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
I did a post on the tender spring and what I was told from Polaris 2 months ago. I said what Polaris had told me and there would be a fix by the end of June. I was off by 6 days. I hope all the people that ripped on me for believing Polaris would do anything enjoy their crow.

Reactions: FRAZR

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did a post on the tender spring and what I was told from Polaris 2 months ago. I said what Polaris had told me and there would be a fix by the end of June. I was off by 6 days. I hope all the people that ripped on me for believing Polaris would do anything enjoy their crow.
I had no idea about any spring issues until I went to the Dunes and had some sad G-outs. I even drove the same route with a friends stock Rzr xp 1000 turbo and had zero suspension issues. I then measured my sag and found they had dropped over an inch. From there it was You Tube and all things UTV to figure ot out. I’d been watching ST for a few minths already and was going to upgrade later on when the mail with the recall came in. So, again just going to do the fix, ride it and see what happens first. FYI doing a full build this winter.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Just remember all springs settle and need to be re-adjusted even Shock Therapy, the oem spring's / ride height are set low to pass the 25 mph flip test .... re-adjust them to get to get back to advertised ride height

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just remember all springs settle and need to be re-adjusted even Shock Therapy, the oem spring's / ride height are set low to pass the 25 mph flip test .... re-adjust them to get to get back to advertised ride height
Yep, tracking all. I rode for a month of 4x4 trails first, then after three full mud remival wash downs, re-adjuated the springs. Then a Dune trip, another re-adjust, followed by my near manhood ending G-out. Hence, I’m happy to see Polarise acknowledge and attempt to correct, but still gonna push for the ST DR springs and the full Fox upgrade from them with the 3 switch adjustment. FYI, just communicated woth Justin at ST and they are still working to get those ready for the PRO XPs. Soon, I suspect.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts