Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Polaris®️ PRO HD 4,500 Lb. Winch with Rapid Rope Recovery Item # 2882240 in my 2018 RZR 1000 XP and the remote stops working after awhile of moving snow. Can I wire in a switch? Anyone have a wiring diagram to wire in a switch? Thanks Todd

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Polaris's Response:
We do apologize we do not recommend hard wiring a switch for the Rapid Recovery winches. This is a safety issue.
We do understand that customers will have switched hardwired under their own discretion.
This is something you will have to reach out to a dealership for installation assistance.

I come to the conclusion that the solenoid needs to be replaced with one that has the 2 wires for the switch.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Polaris's Response:
We do apologize we do not recommend hard wiring a switch for the Rapid Recovery winches. This is a safety issue.
We do understand that customers will have switched hardwired under their own discretion.
This is something you will have to reach out to a dealership for installation assistance.

I come to the conclusion that the solenoid needs to be replaced with one that has the 2 wires for the switch.

·
Registered
29 Posts
hmmm on mine same winch as yours I have a extra quick connect with two wires. I was thinking that was for a mounted switch. does yours have the extra wires? they come out of a black box.

·
Registered
29 Posts
sorry mine has one set of wires that goes to the wireless signal box (Black box) and a extra 2 wire connect that are plugged off that I believed were for a mounted switch

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I installed the Polaris Fast Spool winch on my RS1 -- And I remember in the instructions it said the winch operated only by wireless remote -- Butt .. .. In the installation manual on page 4 of 13 under Wireless Receiver Harness -- Ref 11B .. .. Connector, Wired Remote (Unused). So -- It looks like on can use this unused 4 pin female plug for switched winch operation. This harness connects the WiFi box which is mounted behind the outer panel next to the shifter and goes to the contactor. Good Luck !!

Note on the wireless remote -- It takes a 12v battery. The remote has to be dis-assembled including removing the printed circuit board as the battery is underneath. Keep track of all the small screws - And carry a spare battery.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep my winch also had the 2 extra wires. I bought a switch with a wire harness and hooked it up tonight and it works great. Wireless remote also still works. Thanks for all the feedback

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Hey Todd --

Could you post the switch and harness part numbers -- I'd like to see if this works with my Polaris winch.

Thanks .. ..

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
So you spliced it in? I didn’t have any luck finding a mating connector.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Mine has another set of wires like pic that I cut the connector off and put spade connectors on it.
The top of pic has 2 sets of wires. 1 goes to wireless connection and the other is for hard wire.

·
Vendor
2,067 Posts
Give us a shout if you can't get what you need from Polaris. Our tech team at Motoalliance can likely walk you through options as well and we are here (Friday) until noon and open up again first thing Monday morning.

Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I installed the Polaris Fast Spool winch on my RS1 -- And I remember in the instructions it said the winch operated only by wireless remote -- Butt .. .. In the installation manual on page 4 of 13 under Wireless Receiver Harness -- Ref 11B .. .. Connector, Wired Remote (Unused). So -- It looks like on can use this unused 4 pin female plug for switched winch operation. This harness connects the WiFi box which is mounted behind the outer panel next to the shifter and goes to the contactor. Good Luck !!

Note on the wireless remote -- It takes a 12v battery. The remote has to be dis-assembled including removing the printed circuit board as the battery is underneath. Keep track of all the small screws - And carry a spare battery.
A 12 volt battery?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts

A 12 volt battery?
Yup — That’s not a misprint .. .. Now you know !!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts

Mine has another set of wires like pic that I cut the connector off and put spade connectors on it.
The top of pic has 2 sets of wires. 1 goes to wireless connection and the other is for hard wire.
I actually have some of those connectors but that is not what it looks like. It's a grey 4 pin but not all positions filled.

Definitely a good idea to have a manual switch for when the battery goes dead in the remote.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts