Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Vendor
10,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Hi, this is open question but likely directed at Todd at Hunterworks, I ride a a 2011 RZR 800 EFI/ PS, with sure grip hand controls,(t-4 para) I would like to add some extra braking, for steeper inclines, and top of hill cresting, due to the hand control function its impossible to half brake and excellerate at the same time , so roll back happens a lot
Regards
Bill
The last part messed me up, "so roll back happens alot" What does that mean?

We can add engine braking to your RZR, will require a EBS secondary clutch, a matching primary weight and spring change which we do that with a clutch kit and if you want more engine braking than the EBS secondary provides then we have the one way bearings for the primary clutch

Todd

·
Registered
3 Posts
Todd: sorry for confusion , what I mean ,say half way up a hill there's a stump rock what ever, let off on gas to assess said obstacle but can't brake fast enough ( with hand controls) so the unit rolls back, until brake or gas is reapplied

Regards
Bill

P.S. Great post

·
Vendor
10,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Todd: sorry for confusion , what I mean ,say half way up a hill there's a stump rock what ever, let off on gas to assess said obstacle but can't brake fast enough ( with hand controls) so the unit rolls back, until brake or gas is reapplied

Regards
Bill

P.S. Great post
Engine braking can't help that, the secondary clutch will actually turn backwards in a roll back and the bearing on the primary clutch simply will roll backwards therefore even if you had the engine braking it would not work in a roll back.

Todd

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm looking at a 2012 Ranger RZR 800-HO w/EPS what type of EB does this have and is there any pictures showing the difference between the types?

·
Registered
533 Posts
I've got a 2017 RZR Turbo 2 seater, going down steep inclines my ebs kicks out an goes to free-wheeling what can I do for this so it stays in longer?

81 - 86 of 86 Posts