Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Anybody rekon the cat in the mufflers have any cause in this? Too much backpressure, too much heat buildup? A friend of mine with a 700 artic cat gutted his cat, afterward his header pipe quit glowing...

·
Registered
754 Posts
Anybody rekon the cat in the mufflers have any cause in this? Too much backpressure, too much heat buildup? A friend of mine with a 700 artic cat gutted his cat, afterward his header pipe quit glowing...
Doubt it, motorcycles have been doing that for years. My 2008 Ducati 1098 had those goofy cat honey comb things.

·
Can't 'Member.
629 Posts
My wife is the office manager for an insurance agent who represents a major national insurance company. She is a licensed agent for auto fire life etc. with 27 years in the field. She finally had a chance to read the letter today. Her comments were interesting. After she read it carefully she mentioned the words in bold print on the front of the envelope, "IMPORTANT NOTICE ACTION REQUIRED" she wondered exactly what the action required part referred to; was it to make sure the recalls were all done, or was it to say we need to continue heightened vigilance for fire issues or something else. Her take was that it is all of the above and a further written notice that the danger still exists along with a healthy dose of an effort to CYA.

I asked her what the repercussions would be in the event we suffered a total loss due to a fire, what with this letter being in the public domain and stating that fires are still a problem.
She told me the company would still pay, but that she suggested others make sure the recalls are done because all insurance providers don't play by the same handbook of customer service.
So if you have insurance on your ride I''d make darn sure your recalls were done, and done by a dealer and that you have documentation thereof. I'd hate to see a guy do the recalls himself and then have the thing burn down only to get grief from an insurance company looking for an out...

FWIW

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ours caught fire on Christmas Day 2017-ball of fire under my son’s seat. Everyone got out ok. Had not been riding long at all or faster than 35 mph. Took entire contents of 4 pound fire extinguisher to get it out. A lot of damage: but not total loss. Filed a report with CPSC. We towed it to the dealer. A forensic engineer for Polaris inspected our vehicle and took our voltage regulator for analysis. Our RZR has been at the deal for awhile now. We are told by Polaris that they will get back to us. Getting very frustrated.

I read some of Polaris’ responses on CSPC website. They seem to blame the consumer for riding too long or going too fast-while flaunting speed and performance all over the internet. When we bought ours, no one said don’t go fast or ride it too long or it may catch on fire. They better figure this out. I am stuck with a defective vehicle I don’t feel safe using.

·
Registered
2 Posts
They do reply to inquiries. Maybe if more people contacted the CPSC, something would be done. I submitted a question today and they are looking into my question.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Anyone have any updates on this thread ? The new honda 4 seater is looking better and better ! I was just about to go buy the new pro xp4 until i ran across this thread . having read the entire thread im left in utter disbelief that a few folks mentioned in thread have had their $20k + unit sitting at a dealership for months on end ! Polaris shouldve stepped up and at least given them a temporary unit to use ....something !

·
Registered
464 Posts
Anyone have any updates on this thread ? The new honda 4 seater is looking better and better ! I was just about to go buy the new pro xp4 until i ran across this thread . having read the entire thread im left in utter disbelief that a few folks mentioned in thread have had their $20k + unit sitting at a dealership for months on end ! Polaris shouldve stepped up and at least given them a temporary unit to use ....something !
to my knowledge there have not been fire issues with the new pro xp's that you are looking at.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well i said all of that to say ...either way its not gonna happen ,LoL. They wont get anymore of my money and until others start either raising he!! Or spending their hard earned money elsewhere it wont change ...why would it ... we the consumer do all of their R&D ...they got it made ,just sit back and laugh at us all ..."hey boys wait till next year ,we're gonna rope em back in again and watch our stocks go up " . Sorry for the rant !
Ive been away from the forum for a while ...only to come back and find the same problems ...same crap from Poolaris ! Its really sad & unacceptable

·
Registered
421 Posts
Ive been away from the forum for a while ...only to come back and find the same problems ...same crap from Poolaris ! Its really sad & unacceptable
Kinda hard to claim that when the last post in this thread before you resurrected it was almost two years ago (Feb 12, 2018). :LOL:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I understand ,maybe i picked the wrong thread to post under . I clicked the "new bubble" it was list under new ? So ur saying they havent been anymore of this ? Cause after i read that thread i searched it and more came up ? I hope im wrong about the fires ....however i absolutely know im not wrong about the build quality . I watched utube vids on the 2020 pro xp4 ...busted knuckle folks went to camp rzr , polaris/bridgestone let them test drive the pro 4 ...blew 2 belts on 2 different units ... nuff said

·
Registered
144 Posts
Looking back i see the date now ...i thought that was op's join date lol ! My bad ....

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Well i said all of that to say ...either way its not gonna happen ,LoL. They wont get anymore of my money and until others start either raising he!! Or spending their hard earned money elsewhere it wont change ...why would it ... we the consumer do all of their R&D ...they got it made ,just sit back and laugh at us all ..."hey boys wait till next year ,we're gonna rope em back in again and watch our stocks go up " . Sorry for the rant !
So go buy something else then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

101 - 112 of 112 Posts