Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at around for doors an want to know if there is a full door metal or plastic. that gets rid of the side roll brace that I always bump Into! I want a full door that has a good seal not a gap around the door. I know pro armour has one but still has a gap all the way around the door plate to its frame. I seen slp plastic doors but never seen if that one gets rid of the roll brace. I just can seem to find many post or videos of it or saying you can get rid of that bar. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
My UTV Giant doors recommended removing that brace but they still have a gap around the edges.

You might have to look at a full cab enclosure to get a sealed door.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Are your doors the bear claw ones then? I dont want a full cab, just want a door with a good seal an not much rattling, I see the utv giant door do remove that brace an that is my main problem. At least the bear claw v.2 doors. They do have the gap around them but the price point with free shipping has me considering them. I did however find the trail armour doors that look really good but at 600 dollars idk.. any use the trail armour plastic doors?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I seen slp plastic doors but never seen if that one gets rid of the roll brace. I just can seem to find many post or videos of it or saying you can get rid of that bar. Any help would be appreciated, thanks
SLP doors retain the side bar, Trail Armour removes the side bar - see attached install videos (SLP RZR 800 would be same for 570)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SLP doors retain the side bar, Trail Armour removes the side bar - see attached install videos (SLP RZR 800 would be same for 570)

Thanks for the videos, yeah I'm definitely thinking on the trail armour doors just thinking on the style now as they have one that has a slight bend for more elbow room, thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks for the videos, yeah I'm definitely thinking on the trail armor doors just thinking on the style now as they have one that has a slight bend for more elbow room, thanks
Decision may depend on if you need to keep machine @ 50", If I remember correctly the Slimline (flat) doors don't add any width, while the Gen-X (slight bend) doors add 2" to 4" to the width.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Decision may depend on if you need to keep machine @ 50", If I remember correctly the Slimline (flat) doors don't add any width, while the Gen-X (slight bend) doors add 2" to 4" to the width.
Up here in northern Wisconsin I havent seen any 50 inch wide max trails. Our gates are 68 inches wide I thinking. Just as long as it wont affect me loading it in my truck bed itll be alright.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Up here in northern Wisconsin I haven't seen any 50 inch wide max trails. Our gates are 68 inches wide I thinking. Just as long as it wont affect me loading it in my truck bed itll be alright.
National Forest Trails where I ride when I'm in Colorado have a lot of 50" trails, I see that NF trails in Wisconsin are 65" max
- I don't see adding any brand of door be a problem in your truck bed - as the widest part should be above your wheel wells

·
Premium Member
7,505 Posts
If you want sealed doors around the edges, you'll need to buy some auto weatherstripping and fit it.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have the polaris aluminum doors on mine and it removes the side bar. It came with a seal for the bottom of the door but not up the sides of the door. I would think you would be able to add automotive weather stripping to it fairly easily. I put some foam pipe insulation sleeves around the tubing on my door to help seal it up but there are still some gaps here and there. I will see if I have a picture of it somewhere.

·
Registered
244 Posts
See posts #7 and #12 for the link to the doors that I have and some pictures of my doors on my RZR with my "weather stripping":

In my opinion, the aftermarket intentionally makes it so that the doors have a little "wiggle room" in them just due to the nature of the vehicles they are meant for. The rest of the vehicle has gaps and unsealed seams/body panels from the factory so why would they worry about fully sealing a door when dust is just going to stream in through the floor pans or fire walls? That said there are some models that are sealed up pretty good from the factory. I was just looking at a Polaris General that had a factory cab kit on it with glass windows all around and door windows that rolled down. It had a heater and full weather stripping around the doors. That thing was sealed up so tight that if you slammed the door shut you could feel the air pressure momentarily increase in the cab.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Are your doors the bear claw ones then? I dont want a full cab, just want a door with a good seal an not much rattling, I see the utv giant door do remove that brace an that is my main problem. At least the bear claw v.2 doors. They do have the gap around them but the price point with free shipping has me considering them. I did however find the trail armour doors that look really good but at 600 dollars idk.. any use the trail armour plastic doors?

Yes they are the bearclaw doors. I added some foam along the bottom of the door but they still rattle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Little late response, but I have the Trail Armor doors and they rattle at lower RPM's. Haven't tried to address, but now interested in trying some sort of material to minimize.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Auto weather stripping works well to quiet that rattle.
As an update, I put a little weather stripping here and there, at targeted spots on doors and back glass.. Man, I only hear motor now, it's a beautiful thing! Thanks again! Although I am often able to make sense of abstract problems/scenerios, I'm sometimes a dummy on things that I should obviously see that I don't.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts