Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I havent purchased my RZR yet, there are some extras that are a must in the ATV Racing industry that I have not seen for the RZR. I stopped using aluminium skids years ago for racing and started using full plastic skids. These skids allow you to slide over rocks and trees without snagging. Im surprised that noone has made these yet for a rzr. Plus they are really light and very durable.
The second thing is goggle tear offs. Im surprised noone has made a kit for the winshield on the rzr. you couldnt reach it when you were driving but as soon as you stop for a second you could tear it off and have a fresh clear glass to look through. It would be great for trail riding but would need a roll off version for racing.
I just thought i would metion these and maybe they are already out there i just havent seen them.

G

·
UHMW skids are available and pretty much the standard on RZRs..very few people I know run alum. Several companies make them, Look at Factory ATV. Another company makes a composite type skid, Finer Skinz i think they are called. There I'm no help on the tear off for the windshield..haven't seen them offered.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I use Pledge on my windshield and it works pretty good. I also use Pledge on my whole RZR XP to keep it looking good.

The windshield tear offs would be nice.

Factory UTV & others make UHMW skids like others have said.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I run the Factory UTV UHMW skids...the only way to go.

For a windshield, I run the Polaris safety glass windshield. It doesn't scratch. I also have the electric windshield wiper, very helpful. If someone in front is throwing up mud, I just back off. Nope...ain't racin!

Pirate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts