Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some body work I need to do on my 08 after my latest Utah trip. I figure I will need to work from the inside.
What do you guys recommend with this plastic material?
John

·
I am still 16 in my head!
1,947 Posts
I use a Plastic Welder. They can be bought off Ebay also. Here is one that I use. It will weld up anything. Just read the book and watch the video and practice on a piece of other plastic, it is easy to pickup the knack for doing it right. On big Cracks, be sure to use some Aluminum Window Screen and just follow the directions.

Urethane Supply Plastic Welding Kit 5600HT | eBay

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rick, that sure is a nice unit but a bit too much for a tight budget. Thanks for the input,
John

·
Registered
28 Posts
this is what i did. i used some stainless wire i had. got a plastic weld kit from harbor frieght and a solder gun. do all of this on the inside.
1. bend the wire to size
2. put it in gun, hold to plastic and heat it to proper depth.
3. cut ends off
4. use weld iron and smooth out over staples.
5. smooth out outside.
make sure to practice first.
i got this idea from a product that cornwell tools have.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
David, that looks like a older solider iron, is it?
My area is the corner on the rear deck where the cage post goes up,right behind and outside of the drivers seat. Any suggestions for a corner?
John

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's not to old. Maybe 5yr. I'll have to look at that spot tonight and see what it looks like. I had some spots that where offset. I just bent some small peaces. You should be able to make some to go in a corner. I'll let you know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts