Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PJs by Airaid Powersport will introduce there new air box for the Teryx and RZR at the Sand Sports Show next week. "We have been working on this for the last 6 months and I am very happy with our new partnership with Airaid. Having there engineering and technology with our experience in the UTV market seemed like a perfect fit" Say's PJ Jones. With more models to come it was logical to start with the RZR and Teryx the two most popular models. Look us up at the Sand Sport Show we will have both kits there ready to take orders.

·
Registered
578 Posts
what's the cost on this product, for us rzr forum members?

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Nice looking setup. I like it. However does the "UP" tube come through the bed? Looks like is does. For me I'd like to see the UP tube inside the rear cross bar behind the seats. Anyway, looking forward to more pics. Also, are the Airaid dry filters?
Ken

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The up tube connects to the vent in the left rear fender. The problem we had going up behind the seats was the different roll cages and bed box's people put on there cars. Also Airaid makes both kinds of filters dry and wet. Before i got into this i was with you on having a dry filter but when they showed me the numbers on a dry filter they don't flow as well as a wet filter.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The up tube connects to the vent in the left rear fender. The problem we had going up behind the seats was the different roll cages and bed box's people put on there cars. Also Airaid makes both kinds of filters dry and wet. Before i got into this i was with you on having a dry filter but when they showed me the numbers on a dry filter they don't flow as well as a wet filter.
Okay I know the sand show is coming but I may or may not make it there to see it in person. I know you said more pics are coming on the system so I presume you have pictures of this system mounted, so that we can see if it works for some of us who are still determining what mods we are going to do to our beds? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I think when you see it you will like it.
That very well may be true, however, Bil has a valid question and a concern that has plagued the O.E.M. filter set-up since it's introduction.

Seeing something and liking it is quite a big difference between seeing something and buying it.

I honestly don't see anything revolutionary here that would make me buy this product....and I still can't factor price into my decision. :rollfinger:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I see a gauze type filter... will it have an Outerwear? Not a fan of gauze filters without one. Also, what is the size of the filter... looks kinda small in the pic for a RZR as they suck a ton of air. I am sure this was all engineered and considered but am just curious. I will check it out at the SSSS. Lastly, what secures the filter in place? Is it a push on style like the stocker or is there a hose clamp?

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What makes this product way different than stock, is we draw air from outside the car and have increased the power by 10%. What we noticed and the feed back we got from RZR owners was to not have issues while in water crossings and improve the power using a filter dirt could not get by.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Okay, so can you answer my questions above?
Size of filter?
Outerwear available?
How is the filter secured?
Also, where does that snorkel protrude from... does it take up bed space?

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Our objective was to get more power and create a intake that would not have a problem with water crossings. We also wanted to make sure the filter was a quality part that dirt would not get by. From what i have seen we have accomplished that.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts