Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 16' Carson that I want to modify so I can load a 170 from the side with a flip down ramp. Would like to squeeze in some 18" x 8 rims to match the ones on my truck, and add some LED light enclosures and steps like this one, and add a spare tire carrier. Anybody know of a shop that can do this type of work in the Los Angeles area? I'm sure Carson could do the work for "$tealer" prices, so would prefer to go to an indie shop.

Disclaimer: I "borrowed" the pics from a fellow member!

·
AZ Pete
345 Posts
re: "PIMP MY TRAILER"!

Nice!

·
Registered
242 Posts

Here is my sled trailer that will hold my RZR, great for cold weather and keeps the sun off the rides when it is hot :)

Furnace, boot glove dryers, tunes and storage !

·
Banned
399 Posts

I'm a welder in Beaumont Ca about an 1 hour East of LA. I could do it PM me if you dont find someone closer to LA.

·
Administrator
50,250 Posts

Hi Ken here's a photo of mine ,with side ramps ,it will carry 3 rzr-s's

Attachments

·
Banned
5,672 Posts

saw yours a few weeks ago - was curious about custom rims and offsets. been there done that.

you have definitely entered cool trailer land with that. if you are open to ideas, consider back-ups. mine are truck-lites. you should have the 7 pin by now. GM has handed this option to everyone. aint hard.

most trailer patterns are ford, used to have an Eddie Bowser long time ago hence the matching wheels, and free spare. now im GM and must throw a Ford spare under Mr. RZR. or in him depending.

consider s.s. hardware. all upgrades pay off when traveling.

also consider a full lube suspension while yours is apart. i.e. grease serts on all heads and bronze bushing liners not the plastic ones. best $100 youll spend. virtually noise free.

consider xtra cross braces while apart. im every 12". or at least one brace just where the tires rest.

ratings: axles 3500# ea - tires 2500# ea, not T rated but i never hit curbs doubt your white beast does either - trailer about 2500# dry - vehicle w/6.2 403 h.p. rated to tow 7600#

post your mod photos........

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sideways towing 102" over the legal limit ??

Hi Ken here's a photo of mine ,with side ramps ,it will carry 3 rzr-s's

Doesn't that RZR-S on the front (sideways) put you over the legal 102" limit???

·
Registered
223 Posts

Yep ,been through 10 states with it no problems .they don't seem to mind it's only over a little .......lol.....
Thanks,

The reason I'm asking is I'm looking to convert my 2005 TRITON open aluminum 4-6 place Jet Ski trailer (has 4 wheel disc brakes and 13" tires) to leaving 2 jet skis on the rear and modify the front half so I can drive up 2 on the front sideways like you have your 1 sideways. And still have room for the 170 in the middle facing forward.

I've got access to a full metal fab shop, 3/16" polished Aluminum diamond plate, just not sure on the details to custom fab the ramps / possible V-nose front yet.

We did a V-nose front to my open 4-place sled trailer where the quick release fold-down ramps serve double-duty as a wind/slush protector as well, custom fabbed out of 3/16" polished alum diamond plate, worked out really nice. Thinking of something similar for the RZR's

Any ideas??

·
Banned
5,672 Posts

mr 1sikcab guy, your white coated expanded metal ramp looks so nice.
how ya keep it nice and prevent it from "dipping" from the weight? it looks like there is quite a bride gap there my 15" wide ramps are pretty well made and it seems like you just walk on them wrong and youd think a D9 was loaded. at least they are hidden and im the only one who knows.

and have you considered hidden vs. fold -up?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

itsruf: the pics of the white trailer are my inspiration photos lifted from another fellow member. I'm inquiring if anybody in the L.A. area can modify my existing plain jane 16' Carson. You've got a really nice trailer as well. I like the Trex boards. My floor is getting pretty beat up from the elements.

FJK: that is 1siktrailer! Whole family can have fun with that setup. Dig the color too. Whats your trailer weight? I was thinking it's running a bit on the wide side as well!

·
Registered
860 Posts

I have a 16' Carson that I want to modify so I can load a 170 from the side with a flip down ramp. Would like to squeeze in some 18" x 8 rims to match the ones on my truck, and add some LED light enclosures and steps like this one, and add a spare tire carrier. Anybody know of a shop that can do this type of work in the Los Angeles area? I'm sure Carson could do the work for "$tealer" prices, so would prefer to go to an indie shop.

Disclaimer: I "borrowed" the pics from a fellow member!

I saw that trailer and rzr4 in person in AZ its really nice

·
Registered
860 Posts

Here is the trailer I modified to work with my stuff.

I can put my truggy, my golf cart and three quads, and a crap load of firewood on the top front.

·
Administrator
50,250 Posts

itsruf: the pics of the white trailer are my inspiration photos lifted from another fellow member. I'm inquiring if anybody in the L.A. area can modify my existing plain jane 16' Carson. You've got a really nice trailer as well. I like the Trex boards. My floor is getting pretty beat up from the elements.

FJK: that is 1siktrailer! Whole family can have fun with that setup. Dig the color too. Whats your trailer weight? I was thinking it's running a bit on the wide side as well!
She's about 3500 lbs with the solar powered fuel cell on the front .:)

·
Banned
5,672 Posts

itsruf:..... I like the Trex boards. My floor is getting pretty beat up from the elements.......
heres why i mentioned 12" centers. a few guys out there are probably doing double duty and have to use their trailer for other purposes.

the synthetic has limits - one is flex - hence the center issue.
from memory a new deck 16' in treated was like $150. synthetic $400.

all of the stainless marine anchors fasten to actual iron not just the decking. thru a cross brace with mere 10-24 stainless c'sunk head machine screws 4 each. for heavier stuff i put the straps around the 6" frame.

have had a 7 ton load directly in the middle for 300 miles with a v6 ford explorer.

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

fjk: solar fuel cell...very cool. Perhaps this thread should be renamed "PIMP MY TRAILER"!

itsruf: I know, Trex is really expensive...priced it out when we deisgned our backyard deck. Thanks for all the useful tips!

·
Banned
5,672 Posts

fjk: "PIMP MY TRAILER"!....
youd need all s.s. safety hooks, chains, hitch pin, 2-5/16" ball, hubbell connector and matching vehicle paint. and broken deck pieces for the jack.

another cool tip: rubberized undercoating for fenderwells. only $10. one can does both sides. do it each spring. anybody with a white trailer has to do that one. it is paintable for people who want to try something up front.

all in good fun

Attachments

·
Administrator
50,250 Posts
Re: "PIMP MY TRAILER"!

fjk: solar fuel cell...very cool. Perhaps this thread should be renamed "PIMP MY TRAILER"!
Done .....lol
itsruf: I know, Trex is really expensive...priced it out when we deisgned our backyard deck. Thanks for all the useful tips!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts