Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the instructions it indicates to hook up the pink wires to cylinder 1 and the red wires to cylinder2. Which is which when I'm looking at the harness?

Both of them on the OEM harness has red and white wires. One of them has black stripes on each red/white wire.

I can follow the wiring back to the motor as well but don't know which is Cylinder 1 and 2 (in reference to the front and/or rear of the vehicle) ?

Thanks for your help :question:

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
The front cylinder has a pink wire. All Pim 2 harnesses use pink for the forward or #1 cylinder. As for the stock harness refer to rhe factory diagram. Most importantly have fun.

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
Hmmm...
did yours come with a dvd?
Aren't the OE connector shells color co-cordinated?
Granted mine is an XP.
Like you mention there is common red w/ dk blu trace but one injector gets blk in black connector. and other gets wht wire in white connector.
PTO/ wht ........Mag/ blk
one side of the engine is Magneto and other PTO.
Halves are intake and exhaust.

basically you are plugging in sub-harness; creating a loop within the stock harness.
Controls injection and connects to CPS and TPS.

·
RAISING HELL ON THE TRAIL
2,296 Posts
So on a xp 900 or really any prostar engine can anyone tell me with out a doubt which cylinder is referred to as the #1 and which is #2? Is it mag or pto #1 or #2? I got a two cylinder Autotune and it's saying #1 and #2 cylinder on the two o2 sensor wires coming off it so wanted to know which needs to go to which. I got true dual exhaust so want to get this right. Thanks for any help

·
RAISING HELL ON THE TRAIL
2,296 Posts
Anyone know which cylinder is one or two on prostar engines. Mag or pto side number one or two cylinder? Thanks for any help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts