Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some pictures of my RZR after I installed the Legand Air Suspension. I don't have to worry about hitting high center now. Sorry about the movie, have not figured out how to do it. Maybe I havn't figured this out either.
The way it works is the two front shocks are on one switch and the two rear shocks are on one switch. You can raise the front end or the back end to a height or ride you want. Jared from Mt. Pleasent, Utah explained the RZR will not charge the battery until it reaches 3000 RPM. So as you raise it up you have to make sure it is charging or you have a strong battery. The picture in the vivatar is pre air suspension. It has a 3" ROK TEK lift kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually the front box is from Moose. I purchased it on Ebay. I think it was about $200.00. It serves the purpose. I have all my wet weather gear and tire repair stuff in it. Draw back is you loose some visibility up front. Sticks up about 4"

·
Registered
871 Posts
Looks great, Neil. Did you have problems bashing rocks on the trail? Assuming there's a little compressor somewhere, where did you mount it?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yes William 04, I did have problems with hitting rocks. I don't ride real crazy but like to have a good time so I do rock and roll, different kind of rock. One big reason I went for the air suspension, the other reason is I bought an enclosed trailer, I made a mistake and got one that is cab high on a pickup. So with the 3" lift kit the RZR would rub the top of the trailer. Probably would have been cheaper to buy a new trailer.
I mounted the compressor on the fire wall in front of the passenger seat.
Not a lot of room in the RZR to mount things and was concerned about the weight of the compressor it is pretty heavy. I used big fender washers as back up to get as much help as I could for the plastic fire wall. There is a manifold that has 5 solenoids on it. I mounted it right beside the compressor along with a fuse panel for additional toys. That area is pretty full, you have all the wiring going to the switches, one switch for the front and one for the back and all the air lines going to the gauges (2) and the shocks front and back. But, the end result is great. I don't remember the lenght of the shocks, I think they are about the same lenght as stock shocks when they are deflated.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I found the kit online. 2200 for a complete kit sure sounds pricey but I bet it's fun to have. I would love to put those shocks on one day but my biggest concern would be water ruining the compressor

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I found the kit online. 2200 for a complete kit sure sounds pricey but I bet it's fun to have. I would love to put those shocks on one day but my biggest concern would be water ruining the compressor
might also be smart to add a small air tank between the compressor and the shocks.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
How do you find the ride compared to stock coil overs shocks. I have always been interested in the Legend suspension. Also, how quick is the compressor for increasing height and would the compressor be capable of changing height on all four shocks at once, ie: just one switch?
Ken

1 - 11 of 11 Posts