Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1441 - 1460 of 1467 Posts

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Colorized image of the 1890's mine we visited today.

Building Squad Military camouflage Plant Marines

Side note for those running coms. The entire desert hears you. LOL.

Our group today, ran Channel X due to way too much crosstalk on Channel Y.

OH MY, those on that band had me rolling all day.

"Turn left, no turn right, no go straight". Picture a cartoon in your head unfolding in live time.
"Sxxxx, you still with us?".
"Where is Rxxxx? Rxxxx can you hear us"

We found Mr. Rxxxx in front of us on the trail, unlocking a gate. I asked if he was on Ch X and if he was Sxxxx. or Rxxxx. Said yep, on Ch X and he was the Rxxxx being chatted about over the radio.

Conversation went like this:

'Ya I'm Rxxxx, those a$$holes pissed me off and I'm ignoring them. The want to haul the mail then, get lost and creep down the trail. I'm just going to do my own thing'

That last "group call, for Rxxxx" was dead silent. Mr. Rev quipped over the radio to said 'lost guy in front of us', he could join our group and ride.

Rxxxx laughed and said 'Thank you, but no'.

Our first stop: I offered to switch to a different, less congested channel for our group. Their reply was NO. It was comic gold we were listening to. :ROFLMAO:

To Mr. Rxxxx and that group, you made our day over coms.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,443 ·
Is the sand ever smooth there anymore? I know the last few times we've gone it's been terrible and all the pics I see there's not a foot of untouched. Looks like nice weather:)

·
Registered
2020 Polaris RZR Pro XP Premium
1,482 Posts
Colorized image of the 1890's mine we visited today.

View attachment 688305

Side note for those running coms. The entire desert hears you. LOL.

Our group today, ran Channel X due to way too much crosstalk on Channel Y.

OH MY, those on that band had me rolling all day.

"Turn left, no turn right, no go straight". Picture a cartoon in your head unfolding in live time.
"Sxxxx, you still with us?".
"Where is Rxxxx? Rxxxx can you hear us"

We found Mr. Rxxxx in front of us on the trail, unlocking a gate. I asked if he was on Ch X and if he was Sxxxx. or Rxxxx. Said yep, on Ch X and he was the Rxxxx being chatted about over the radio.

Conversation went like this:

'Ya I'm Rxxxx, those a$$holes pissed me off and I'm ignoring them. The want to haul the mail then, get lost and creep down the trail. I'm just going to do my own thing'

That last "group call, for Rxxxx" was dead silent. Mr. Rev quipped over the radio to said 'lost guy in front of us', he could join our group and ride.

Rxxxx laughed and said 'Thank you, but no'.

Our first stop: I offered to switch to a different, less congested channel for our group. Their reply was NO. It was comic gold we were listening to. :ROFLMAO:

To Mr. Rxxxx and that group, you made our day over coms.
Hilarious story! But not quite.

We use coms. But ours have to be paired together, no uninvited outside voices.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
In the Utah San Rafael desert we have Indian petroglyphs ,but I do not have any pictures look like they’re wearing space helmets.
You also have the best petroglyphs in the world………9 mile canyon. If anyone goes through that part of the country and doesn’t make a detour through that, they have truly cheated themselves. I worked that part of the country back in ‘65 or ‘66. It was pretty printene then. I about half expected to see some old Ute sneak up on me with his bow and arrow ready!!! LOL

·
Registered
2021 RZR PRO XP4
12 Posts
Proxp4- do you record any of your tracks out there? We have rode horse out in nemo and custer for the last 20 years. This summer we are taking the rzr and horses.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net
No, but we spend alot of time either on motorcycles, side by sides or hunting. Spend alot of time between lead, rec springs
Map Terrestrial plant Screenshot Natural landscape Font

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
You also have the best petroglyphs in the world………9 mile canyon. If anyone goes through that part of the country and doesn’t make a detour through that, they have truly cheated themselves. I worked that part of the country back in ‘65 or ‘66. It was pretty printene then. I about half expected to see some old Ute sneak up on me with his bow and arrow ready!!! LOL
Yes it’s amazing.

·
Registered
'18 XPT2
1,115 Posts
We went to Corral Pink sand dunes in southern Utah and met up with friends that live somewhat local and they took us on a ride to places that not many people know about. The petroglyphs are preserved really well because they're hidden from public eye and you have to hike to them. The rocks where they would grind corn was really cool as well.

Sky Cloud Plant community Ecoregion Mountain
Brown Plant Wood Bedrock Organism
Brown Bedrock Wood Landscape Formation
Wood Bedrock Terrestrial plant Tree Landscape
Footwear Leg Water Automotive tire Bedrock
Plant Bedrock Mountain Formation Mountainous landforms
Brown Wood Bedrock Formation Road surface

Brown Bedrock Wood Formation Geological phenomenon
Brown Bedrock Wood Trunk Formation
Recipe Ingredient Bedrock Cuisine Dish
Brown Bedrock Formation Wood Outcrop
Plant Bedrock Terrain Mountainous landforms Grass
Cloud Sky Plant Ecoregion Natural landscape
Sky Property Plant Building Tire

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Captured a ICB launch today.

Not really, just a contrail from a airline. Fit's nicely into our ride today.

Sky Mountain Plant Slope Natural landscape

One of 18 Titan II bases in our area. All decommissioned in the 1980's. Not much to see on most of the sites.

Spoke with one of the Park Custodians; if the signs were still up for nostalgia or was the 'Do not Ener" still enforced. They said not extremely enforced, but still wanted people to stay out.

They had that attitude of "Realistically, I can't stop you" but please don't. Good enough for me, said we would just grab a picture at the drive entrance and not give anyone grief.

Plant Plant community Ecoregion Natural environment Natural landscape

Nature Leaf Branch Font Rectangle

1441 - 1460 of 1467 Posts