Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1421 - 1440 of 1467 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Polaris RZR Pro XP Premium
1,482 Posts
It must suck for you in Texas, only having two seasons…
Too hot, and not quite as hot.

Not only do we Northerners not mind the cold and snow, many of us actually enjoy it.

I love the different seasons we have. If you’ve never had a snowball fight or made a snowman and snow angels with your kids, they are missing out.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
It must suck for you in Texas, only having two seasons…
Too hot, and not quite as hot.

Not only do we Northerners not mind the cold and snow, many of us actually enjoy it.

I love the different seasons we have. If you’ve never had a snowball fight or made a snowman and snow angels with your kids, they are missing out.
I grew up in the north land; weorked in the oil fields of ND, MT, and WY for 49 years. I had all the cold, snow, ice, freezing rain, etc. to do me for two lifetimes. When I retired I promptly bought a place here in sunny AZ and sold out in the cold country! But you go ahead and enjoy, I don’t miss it al all; but do miss some of the people.

EDIT: PS…….you do know that there are also only 4 states that have ever had higher temperature records than ND don’t you? not even Texas.
ND record high temp……121*F; Texas record high temp….120*F

·
Registered
22 Posts
Also amazing for snowmobiling. If you have never had the opportunity it would blow your mind, a much bigger rush than sxsing IMO.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Also amazing for snowmobiling. If you have never had the opportunity it would blow your mind, a much bigger rush than sxsing IMO.
I had a snowmobile once. The most dependable motorized device I ever owned. I could depend on it to get me a long way from home, then die……..every time.
Parked it on a rock pile and shot holes it the damn thing. Early ‘70s. Swore to self NEVER again!
Indoubtedly they are more dependable to stay running now

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was just out on the same trail, we call it the Back Way To Cleator in AZ last weekend. I took my neighbor that has never been, It's always a blast so show some beautiful country to someone new.

I took him back in a mine I found some 15+ years ago. It still looks the same with the walls white with a mineral and dripping. Then instead of taking the main road back from Cleator we took the scenic route up and over the mountains. It looked like they graded some of the bottom of the hill climb and road up to it that was all washed out and full of lose rocks recently.
Would you happen to have the route written out for the back way you went to Cleator? Am heading up there this weekend from Black Canyon City and looking for something a bit more exciting than the regular Maggie Mine to Bumble Bee route.

1421 - 1440 of 1467 Posts