Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1401 - 1420 of 1467 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
That looks like the waterfall on the Rockhouse trails at Hatfield McCoy.

where did you see the wild horses?
McCarr Kentucky
Take the road out of Matewan over the river into Kentucky fallow about 2-3 miles blue buildings on you left turn left there take that road to top of the mountain and turn right start of a trail in Kentucky that will take you to the wild horses.

·
Registered
7 Posts
McCarr Kentucky
Take the road out of Matewan over the river into Kentucky fallow about 2-3 miles blue buildings on you left turn left there take that road to top of the mountain and turn right start of a trail in Kentucky that will take you to the wild horses.
Think it was Peter Fork Road to make the left on

·
Vendor
569 Posts
Me and my buddy/neighbor/good customer Todd got up to the high country yesterday to see if we could find some of the Devil's dandruff to play in. We were successful and the winches got a workout. Some people don't like to ride in the snow but I've had some of my most favorite rides of all time in the snow.

This is on top of what's known as Yankee Hill just east of Saint Mary's Colorado
Wheel Tire Sky Mountain Car

First stuck of the day on trail 175.4B just east of the St. Mary's Glacier. It's worth noting the Turbo S made it through here just fine ;)
Tire Snow Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Automotive tire Slope Plant Snow

I am not certain but I think that is James Peak in the background. Winter Park Ski resort is not too far on the other side of that peak.
Tire Wheel Sky Mountain Car

Here I tried unsuccessfully to get over this drift and had to pull cable
Tire Vehicle Wheel Snow Car

This was down on a trail called Miner's Gulch. We ran into a group of guys trying to get up what had basically become a sloped ice river. I've really never seen anything quite like it and I've been on this trail in the winter before. This trail is usually kind of wet in the summer with some water crossings and standing water but there is a pretty good grade to most of the trail and it's normally 80% dry. Water had obviously been running down this section of the trail and freezing for quite some time. What was unusual was the grade to it and the length of the ice sheet. It stretched for approximately 75 yards and had varying degrees of grade, probably 7-20% in places. We eventually decided to turn around rather than wait on this group to try to get up. They had some nice rigs in this group with crazy sounds systems, light bars galore, beds full of beer, but only one winch in the group, no recovery gear and no tools at all that I could see! The first time we found them a little earlier in the day with a flat tire on one of the X3s and not a compressor or CO2 cartridge among them. But one dude did have a Karaoke machine strapped down in the bed of his Turbo S!! LOL!! :ROFLMAO::LOL: They were nice dudes but it was kind of sh!t show.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Snow Automotive tire
Plant Natural landscape Snow Water Tree

Snow Plant Helmet Tree Glove

A few video clips:

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
We ran into some guys last may, up by Toll Road Gulch, road 869 off of 201, three of them in 21 xp1k 4 seater, they didn’t wrap their synthetic rope correctly and got it all bound up, no other recovery gear, they slid off the road coming back out, they were lucky we came by, I had to winch him about 75 feet, and his buddy’s had to push the back up on the road. As you mentioned, a real sh$t show. We rode back to the parking area, had a short chat about rzr’s, and left.
Plant People in nature Slope Branch Sunlight

·
Registered
2019 RZR XP4 1000 with a bunch of shit I don’t need but want!!
187 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Got to take her to Glamis finally, man did she rip. Never felt like I needed more power and I'm actually really impressed with the ride out here. The 32" SS360 Paddles were a blast too, complete pain in the ass to get mounted, but ran them at 10psi and they super fun in the big dunes.

My buddy was running 14 or 16 pro armor paddles on his Can Am and broke 3 axles in 1 day ...$1000 later and we were back at it again.

The mechanic out there told me he can do RZR axles in 3:55s flat, Can Am is about an hour and almost twice the cost. He won't even touch front broken axles cause the time sink. Also showed me the difference in a RZR tube a arm VS the stamped Can Ams. Says he sees about 5-6 bent arms a weekend, almost never for the ProXP. Great weekend, tons of fun, and made me feel good choosing the RZR 😁

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Tread

Tire Sky Wheel Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Car

Sky Tire Vehicle Wheel Ecoregion

1401 - 1420 of 1467 Posts