Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1261 - 1280 of 1347 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
We got out for a ride today, great weather and only a little smoke in the air. View attachment 681370 View attachment 681371 View attachment 681372 View attachment 681373 View attachment 681374
Hello White lightning 19- Man I’m glad we don’t have grizzly bears in Utah, but it’s always possible. Have you seen any grizzly bears in Idaho out trail riding?
This happened just not too long ago.

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Hello White lightning 19- Man I’m glad we don’t have grizzly bears in Utah, but it’s always possible. Have you seen any grizzly bears in Idaho out trail riding?
This happened just not too long ago.

So far, knock on wood we haven't ever had issues.
Island Park is a great place to go for the opportunity to pet one and the bear population continues to grow. There's typically one or two bear attacks a year up there. Grizzlies roam up to a 100 mile circle and this is on the Yellowstone Park boarder.
This is probably going to get me roasted but problems with bears or any other wild animals come from lack of hunting. When you take humans off the top of the food chain animals loose fear of them and will attack.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
So far, knock on wood we haven't ever had issues.
Island Park is a great place to go for the opportunity to pet one and the bear population continues to grow. There's typically one or two bear attacks a year up there. Grizzlies roam up to a 100 mile circle and this is on the Yellowstone Park boarder.
This is probably going to get me roasted but problems with bears or any other wild animals come from lack of hunting. When you take humans off the top of the food chain animals loose fear of them and will attack.
I agree The hunting part with you.

·
Registered
21 XP turbo 1000 … lots of mods & memories
49 Posts
If you ever seen the cans of bear spray that have the picture of the guy with blood all over his face. That’s just northwest of Yellowstone Park. That’s were we were. Only a few trails we can ride on there, but lots of bears & now wolves…a lot less elk

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Plant community Plant Wood Tree Bedrock
Sky Tire Plant Wheel Plant community
Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle Car
Went for a ride today checked on the princess , glad nobody vandalized her.
Eye Human body Astronomical object Font Circle

Took a picture of Wife,looks like she’s being eaten by a whale Just my imagination . Found these long horn fiberglass Bull horns they’re kind of hidden have no idea where they came from.

·
Registered
2020 Polaris RZR Pro XP aka: The Bomb
1,139 Posts
Spotted this fellow on the trail just leaving the flats.

Pretty sure it’s a timber rattlesnake, but they should have named it the turtle rattlesnake. He was moving so slow I almost ran him over. I thought it was a stick.

Plant Scaled reptile Reptile Terrestrial animal Groundcover

·
Vendor
330 Posts
We went down by Buena Vista CO for some riding yesterday in the Four Mile area. We did Chinaman's Gulch in the morning then went up to Aspen Ridge to see some fall colors. Fun fact: Aspens are the largest living organisms on earth and possibly the oldest.

Here's my buddy working his way up one of the many obstacles on Chinaman's.
Tire Vehicle Car Plant community Wheel

Mount Princeton on the left and Mount Yale on the right with some fall colors visible. The Taylor Park riding area is just on the other side of these mountains. Unfortunately Taylor is just a little out of reach for a day trip from the Denver area.
Sky Mountain Ecoregion Cloud Natural landscape

Tire Wheel Plant Sky Vehicle

Another fun obstacle on Chinaman's.
Plant Plant community Tire Car Vehicle

Another fun fact: Although the tires on the Trails and Rocks Edition are the same size, the wheels are not the same offset. My buddy had rotated his tires front to back but found out the hard way that the rear wheels will rub on the lower shock mount on the upper A-arm pretty badly. We had to rotate back on the trail.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Off in the distance you can see our planned destination, Aspen Ridge.
Cloud Sky Mountain Plant Highland

Cloud Sky Plant Mountain Natural landscape

Wheel Cloud Tire Sky Plant

This guy had a really cool camping spot right at the front edge of this Aspen grove. That's a RZR parked there behind his truck.
Cloud Sky Flower Natural landscape Plant

Cloud Plant Sky Natural landscape Grass

Notice the patches of Aspens that are the same color. I think each patch of color indicates a separate Aspen organism. That green patch toward the top of the hill is one Aspen and apparently it has resolved to hold out a little longer on changing its colors. The Aspens are pretty but you still miss the oranges, browns and reds common in other parts of the country.
Cloud Sky Plant community Plant Natural landscape

Sky Cloud Plant Flower Natural landscape

This is the view looking down from Aspen ridge over to Mount Antero. There are trails all behind and nearly up to the summit of Mount Antero. The Mount Antero trail system can be connected to from Taylor Park via St Elmo down to Alpine. I believe we worked out on here that the Mount Antero trail is the highest point you can legally ride to in a RZR in North America at 13,800'. The summit is another ~500 feet up at 14,275'.
Cloud Sky Mountain Plant Ecoregion

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
We went down by Buena Vista CO for some riding yesterday in the Four Mile area. We did Chinaman's Gulch in the morning then went up to Aspen Ridge to see some fall colors. Fun fact: Aspens are the largest living organisms on earth and possibly the oldest.

Here's my buddy working his way up one of the many obstacles on Chinaman's.
View attachment 681456

Mount Princeton on the left and Mount Yale on the right with some fall colors visible. The Taylor Park riding area is just on the other side of these mountains. Unfortunately Taylor is just a little out of reach for a day trip from the Denver area.
View attachment 681457

View attachment 681458

Another fun obstacle on Chinaman's.
View attachment 681459

Another fun fact: Although the tires on the Trails and Rocks Edition are the same size, the wheels are not the same offset. My buddy had rotated his tires front to back but found out the hard way that the rear wheels will rub on the lower shock mount on the upper A-arm pretty badly. We had to rotate back on the trail.
View attachment 681470

Off in the distance you can see our planned destination, Aspen Ridge.
View attachment 681460

View attachment 681461

View attachment 681462

This guy had a really cool camping spot right at the front edge of this Aspen grove. That's a RZR parked there behind his truck.
View attachment 681464

View attachment 681465

Notice the patches of Aspens that are the same color. I think each patch of color indicates a separate Aspen organism. That green patch toward the top of the hill is one Aspen and apparently it has resolved to hold out a little longer on changing its colors. The Aspens are pretty but you still miss the oranges, browns and reds common in other parts of the country.
View attachment 681466

View attachment 681467

This is the view looking down from Aspen ridge over to Mount Antero. There are trails all behind and nearly up to the summit of Mount Antero. The Mount Antero trail system can be connected to from Taylor Park via St Elmo down to Alpine. I believe we worked out on here that the Mount Antero trail is the highest point you can legally ride to in a RZR in North America at 13,800'. The summit is another ~500 feet up at 14,275'.
View attachment 681468
Ha! Looks like you did the same “NASCAR” method of swapping tire locations that a freind and myself did up in Sand Hollow a couple years ago. He did the same thing, found out wheel offset is different.
Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

·
Vendor
330 Posts
1261 - 1280 of 1347 Posts