Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1021 - 1040 of 1076 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 RZR XP4 1000
137 Posts
Coos Bay Oregon. Granddaughter on Daughter's RZR. Our annual family camping trip.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Reverend what do you like best about the monsoons? The mud to Play in or does it cool off Little bit.
For the fun side...both.

The reality? Life comes back to the desert. Trees, shrubs, cactus and mountains turn green. Nature surviving hardships and then going full ballistic, is a sight to see.

Pictures will never capture and explain the awesomeness. I love how the Ocotillo will change color. With bright LED's they will "glow" on night rides when damp. Best analogy I can make is...it looks like you are on the bottom of the ocean and they are pieces of corral when on the trail.

Few nights ago we had a good storm out here. 20 minutes of constant rolling thunder and light show.

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
For the fun side...both.

The reality? Life comes back to the desert. Tress, shrubs, cactus and mountains turn green. Nature surviving hardships and then going full ballistic, is a sight to see.

Pictures will never capture and explain the awesomeness. I love how the Ocotillo will change color. With bright LED's they will "glow" on night rides when damp. Best analogy I can make is...it looks like you are on the bottom of the ocean and they are pieces of corral when on the trail.

Few nights ago we had a good storm out here. 20 minutes of constant rolling thunder and light show.
Back in 1989 I worked on sands ranch down by Sierra Vista I do remember the monsoons and the light show,Pretty scary on Horse back when caught in the monsoon Lightning and thunder & rain.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Back in 1989 I worked on sands ranch down by Sierra Vista I do remember the monsoons and the light show,Pretty scary on Horse back when caught in the monsoon Lightning and thunder & rain.
Then you know the beauty I speak of and the harshness.
We are blessed.

Timer starts when I hit the key on the RZR, 10 minutes and we are making trail dust. Or as I like to call it, fossil fuel into fun.

My garbage calculations are.... 7k square miles to play in "the back yard".

More when we go to the "front yard"

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Then you know the beauty I speak of and the harshness.
We are blessed.

Timer starts when I hit the key on the RZR, 10 minutes and we are making trail dust. Or as I like to call it, fossil fuel into fun.

My garbage calculations are.... 7k square miles to play in "the back yard".

More when we go to the "front yard"
Watch out for gully washer‘s i’ve seen a lot of them in Arizona during the monsoon season. We were in French Joe’s Canyon working got a down pour the whole mountain side was like Niagara Falls from runoff that was amazing.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Watch out for gully washer‘s i’ve seen a lot of them in Arizona during the monsoon season. We were in French Joe’s Canyon working got a down pour the whole mountain side was like Niagara Falls from runoff that was amazing.
Yes sir. Monsoons can be bad.

RZR + Monsoon + Hail is not a good equation. Been there, done that.

Trail we hit today was completely washed over and resurfaced by mother nature. Never skied in my life, but I understood the "fresh" powder concept and grinned like a kid.

EDIT: The 'angry snail' was happy for a few miles. :cool:

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've been caught over night and a good part of a day when a summer monsoon hit unexpected. Rained so hard the wipers couldn't keep up and we were sitting still. The wash that we had to cross to get back home was about 100yds across and it had water from edge to edge.
I love the smell of the desert after a good rain. Up north it's the sagebrush and rabbit brush. Down south the creosote and other brush. The desert flowers come out into full bloom and it's beautiful to see.
The part of the monsoon season I can't stand is the damn humidity. 110F and humid plain sucks.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
For giggles and clarification.

For our East Coast, Midwest and West Cost members that say " It's rain.... desert people, why you so darn excited?"

It is a life changing experience. GOD, decides he is going to douche an area. It is not plain rain it is a force fed 5 gallon bucket.

* Wish I could find the original video. Imagine, this is just a straight dump of rain with the edges flowing out.

·
Registered
76 Posts

We just

Got back from a two week trip, first to Montana for a week, then to Idaho dunes rv. First two picture are from the ice caves near the dunes.

These are from a trail going to Boulder lakes near twin bridges Montana

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1021 - 1040 of 1076 Posts