Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

541 - 560 of 606 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Do you by any chance have a GPX file of your route today?
No, I sure don’t. But take 93 north of Kingman to around MM45 or 46 to Cottonwood road, west on Cottonwood to top of hill (about 10 miles ) unload there and head down the hill a couple miles, look for a trail to the right........go explore. Lots of trails, old mine sites, etc.

Reactions: DaGoat and EricB

·
Registered
899 Posts
Here is a screen shot of where we turn off Cottonwood road.
The co-ordinates are listed on the left. If you have some excellent form of route guidance, it is possible to ride the RZR all the way there from Katherines Landing just above the dam. From Katherine, take the Portland mine road, then from Portland mine to Cottonwood. It would be a full days ride, especially now with the short days
79A1694D-6ED6-47B5-B4C1-AC37F06E811C.png

·
Registered
Polaris 2020 RZR 1000 S
173 Posts
The co-ordinates are listed on the left. If you have some excellent form of route guidance, it is possible to ride the RZR all the way there from Katherines Landing just above the dam. From Katherine, take the Portland mine road, then from Portland mine to Cottonwood. It would be a full days ride, especially now with the short days View attachment 663744
Thanks for all the great info!

·
Registered
Polaris 2020 RZR 1000 S
173 Posts
The co-ordinates are listed on the left. If you have some excellent form of route guidance, it is possible to ride the RZR all the way there from Katherines Landing just above the dam. From Katherine, take the Portland mine road, then from Portland mine to Cottonwood. It would be a full days ride, especially now with the short days View attachment 663744
Mapped it out using Gaia and it's about 28 miles from the gate going to Kathrine's landing to your coordinates.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Mapped it out using Gaia and it's about 28 miles from the gate going to Kathrine's landing to your coordinates.
And if you decide to make this trip, there are some fantastic views of the river valley between the old Portland Mine and Cottonwood Road.

Reactions: EricB

·
Registered
899 Posts
Where do you park? Do you ride out of a camp or trail head?
hahaha!
I ride out of my garage! I live out in the boonies, and all this is my back yard! Enjoy!

Reactions: DaGoat and Goshe

·
Registered
2020 Polaris RZR Pro XP aka: The Bomb
82 Posts

Christmas Day ride at Hatfield McCoy. Our first time on the trails in the snow. Way better than my back yard in the snow. Stayed at Ashland Resort.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Any trail head you know of or your address you lucky dog?
Basically no named trail head at any of our spots; other than Hualapai Mountain county park out of Kingman.If a person wants to trailer to someplace around here; just get on google maps (satellite view), find a place big enough to park rigs, drop a pin and go (Make sure it is BLM land). There are literally thousands of miles of trails around. And of course........Arizona! Ride your wheeler! Not like a lot of other states that get there panties in a pinch over riding a RZR on the roads! I.E. California and all her baby states that think the same way! LOL
And also, please respect what we have here when you come visit.
Also, with so much riding available; the BEST is if you know someone that knows someone that knows this part of the world. There are trails that have names that are known to locals that no map system has them listed. BLM has not done a very good job of mapping this area (That might be a good thing)!

Reactions: dunerinaz

·
Registered
201 Posts
Basically no named trail head at any of our spots; other than Hualapai Mountain county park out of Kingman.If a person wants to trailer to someplace around here; just get on google maps (satellite view), find a place big enough to park rigs, drop a pin and go (Make sure it is BLM land). There are literally thousands of miles of trails around. And of course........Arizona! Ride your wheeler! Not like a lot of other states that get there panties in a pinch over riding a RZR on the roads! I.E. California and all her baby states that think the same way! LOL
And also, please respect what we have here when you come visit.
Also, with so much riding available; the BEST is if you know someone that knows someone that knows this part of the world. There are trails that have names that are known to locals that no map system has them listed. BLM has not done a very good job of mapping this area (That might be a good thing)!
Understand, I spend a couple of months around parts of AZ. in the winter racing and rv-ing, been doing it for many years. The problem I have is Laughlin, we rv there and cannot drive our plated utv on the roads so I have to trailer accross the bridge to ride. I'll have to see if I could ride from Golden Valley RV park to Cottonwood road.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
Polaris 2020 RZR 1000 S
173 Posts
Understand, I spend a couple of months around parts of AZ. in the winter racing and rv-ing, been doing it for many years. The problem I have is Laughlin, we rv there and cannot drive our plated utv on the roads so I have to trailer accross the bridge to ride. I'll have to see if I could ride from Golden Valley RV park to Cottonwood road.
Thanks for the info.
I live in Fort Mohave, AZ. For your rv base have you considered Bullhead City. The are some decent RV campgrounds there. Vista Del Sol IS the nicest resort in BHC. They offered a four month rate for $980 when we stayed there.

Vista Del Sol

·
Registered
201 Posts
I live in Fort Mohave, AZ. For your rv base have you considered Bullhead City. The are some decent RV campgrounds there. Vista Del Sol IS the nicest resort in BHC. They offered a four month rate for $980 when we stayed there.

Vista Del Sol
I'll check them out, see if they are rzr friendly, thanks.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Thanks for the info.
GV to Cottonwood is completely do-able.
For a lot of what I do, I use an old ipad air and download google maps- drop a pin where I want to go and head out. With downloaded maps one does not need cell service. Some of the trails may be kind of washed out and slow going though, but still do-able.

·
Registered
Polaris 2020 RZR 1000 S
173 Posts
I'll check them out, see if they are rzr friendly, thanks.
They are RZR friendly. When we were there quite a few had SXS vehicles. There is a storage lot for your trailer.

·
Registered
201 Posts
GV to Cottonwood is completely do-able.
For a lot of what I do, I use an old ipad air and download google maps- drop a pin where I want to go and head out. With downloaded maps one does not need cell service. Some of the trails may be kind of washed out and slow going though, but still do-able.
Yeah I'm using Back Country Navigator and dropped a bunch of pins for that ride to Cottonwood. Thanks for confirming it can be done, much appreciated.

·
Registered
Polaris 2020 RZR 1000 S
173 Posts
I talked to them today and they are very friendly, nice park.
Yup, you won't find a nicer park in the Laughlin, BHC and Fort Mohave area.

If you end up staying there do not get a site on the north rim of the park. The winds there can be extremely brutal. We had a site on the north rim and experienced 50+ mph winds numerous times during our stay. It gets very windy there. Get a site near the south part of the park.

·
Registered
899 Posts
@EricB , @Goshe
If you guys make this ride, be sure the check out the Wayfarers Inn!
(35.3181173, -114.3881719)

EB65AD81-9AA2-4E14-9F2E-CC9F6729C44F.png

Attachments

Reactions: Goshe
541 - 560 of 606 Posts