Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Phoenix Electric Light Parade - UTV / ATV parade entry info

Post taken from another site regarding this years entry. It would be cool to get some additional UTV's included in the group. Whopping $13 plus cost of lights you want to install. Great way to promote our sport!

"I am still pulling together information about the parade for the club.

This is the only Arizona ATV Riders club event where we ask the participants to be a member of the club. This is because we have to pay the city a $100 parade application fee and also obtain a special insurance certificate for the city from our insurance carrier for members participating in the event. Our annual membership fee is only $25 per family household (it is not a per-person fee). After June 30, it is prorated down to only $13 for the whole family to join. It costs more to gas up your ATV!

Membership forms are available online at Arizona ATV Riders or come to one of our monthly meetings to check us out. We meet on the third Thursday of every month in the back dining room of the Denny's Restaurant one block west of I-17 on Bell Road. People arrive around 6PM to meet, greet, eat and socialize. The AAR meeting starts at 7PM and is usually over by 8:30PM. The next two AAR meetings are Oct 21 and Nov 18 before the parade.

We also are holding our club's Christmas party at the Friday night Dec 3 Pre-Parade Festival. The Pre-Parade Festival is open to the public to walk around the lighted floats and parade entries the night before the parade. It is from 5:00PM - 9:30PM in the North Phoenix Baptist Church parking lot on Central Avenue & Bethany Home (staging area for the Saturday night Phoenix Electric Light Parade).

I will be posting a parade orientation workshop in November to go over the city official's parade regulations and to give advice on how to use power inverters and Christmas lights to light up your ATVs and UTVs. I will also post some videos and pictures from our past 2 years of participation. This year's parade theme is "Though the Eyes of a Child" in case you want to decorate your quads appropriately. If anyone wants to drive a decorated recovery vehicle or toyhauler in the parade, contact me for specifics.

The only thing that upsets us as a family-orientated club is the parade and police restrictions requiring that all drivers must have a valid driver's license. This restricts kids to only being passengers on the vehicles or floats or as walking marshals carrying our club banner. Sorry...

The police have waive the street-legal requirement because it is a closed route. We will drive our recovery vehicles down to the de-staging area of the parade route before the parade starts. The police will allow street-legal quads to drive back to the staging area but we find it easier to park our recovery vehicles at the end of the parade route instead of driving back through the departing crowds.

I can tell you from past experience that if you do this parade one time, you will want to do it every year. It is a lot of fun! It makes you feel like a kid at Christmas again! We are also participating in the Carefree Christmas Electric Light Parade the following Saturday evening Dec 11 so keep your Christmas decorations on your ATVs and UTVs and join us for a small town atmosphere parade (15,000 people line the plaza around the Sundial plaza). It is only 5-6 blocks long but make a afternoon of it wandering around their Christmas festival.

I hope everyone can make the Phoenix Electric Light Parade night ride! I would like to fill up the street with our quads!"

Happy Trails!

Polar Bear
Arizona ATV Riders

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody interested? c'mon, we need a good showing from the offroad community.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Awe man! I just saw this. Wish I would have seen it earlier. Aside from being a total nubie and not knowing how to connect Christmas lights to my rzr it would have been a blast! Next year for sure! :redrzr:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts