Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '12 RZR 4 800 and looking for sugguestions on upgrades. I'm looking at the Bikeman big bore, cam, clutch kit, full pipe with power commander 5 plus auto tune and intake. Good idea??? Any one else using Bikeman products?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've asked the same questions wout wanting to upgrade to a Turbo. If I decide turbo is the only way to get more power I might as well get a 900 and keep the stock reliablity right!?

So far I have heard clutch kits are a must and some bolt ons like exhaust, fuel programmers are easy and add a little.. For me I prefer the stock quite exhaust to access certain riding areas.

I'd like to know more about what I can do to open up my 800 and get the most HP for my dollars too!!

·
Family, it's about time
1,503 Posts
Bikeman makes good products. Make sure before you dump that much money into mods that they are actually going to give you results. You need to understand that the only power gains that are worth anything at all are the ones that increase hp from 5000-6500rpms. Any thing that doesnt help in that range is a total waste of time.

I'm curious why you are against a turbo? I was once in your same shoes trying to figure out how to get a little more power. I finally went the turbo route and am glad I did. My ride is very reliable and I got a good power bump. Nothing has been sacrificed. My rzr is quieter than stock and at first glance you wouldnt ever know I have a turbo on it.

·
RZR Junky.....
2,718 Posts
Bikeman makes good products. Make sure before you dump that much money into mods that they are actually going to give you results. You need to understand that the only power gains that are worth anything at all are the ones that increase hp from 5000-6500rpms. Any thing that doesnt help in that range is a total waste of time.

I'm curious why you are against a turbo? I was once in your same shoes trying to figure out how to get a little more power. I finally went the turbo route and am glad I did. My ride is very reliable and I got a good power bump. Nothing has been sacrificed. My rzr is quieter than stock and at first glance you wouldnt ever know I have a turbo on it.
Personally I am against a turbo because of the cost. I would love to have a low boost turbo setup though.

Drew

·
Registered
958 Posts
i have a 900 turbo and its fun but always something,
i had a 570 but it was in the shop more than on the dunes.
traded and got a 800 love it it just needs a little more pep.
i wanted something anyone can get in and drive without worry
what the afr is or if they are going to slow and heating it up or the belt
this is why i went this way

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats my concerns is reliabilaty. I do a lot of tight woods trails and steep hills. Plus my wife drives it some and she doesn't run it the way I do. I agree the 800 needs more power. So you think the big bore, pipe and clutch kit is a better idea than turbo?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've asked the same questions wout wanting to upgrade to a Turbo. If I decide turbo is the only way to get more power I might as well get a 900 and keep the stock reliablity right!?

So far I have heard clutch kits are a must and some bolt ons like exhaust, fuel programmers are easy and add a little.. For me I prefer the stock quite exhaust to access certain riding areas.

I'd like to know more about what I can do to open up my 800 and get the most HP for my dollars too!!
Gasgas300 you have the same thoughts as me. Dont want the cost and unreliabilaty of turbo or the noise of the after market exhaust.

·
Family, it's about time
1,503 Posts
I have less than $3k in my turbo setup. I have seen some slightly used turbo kits sell recently on here for around 2k. In fact there might be a bike man kit for sale right now that I saw the other day. Turbos don't have to be super expensive. There are hundreds or maybe thousands of people that run turbo rzrs and have no issues with reliability. I have nearly 3k miles on my rzr4 1800 are with the turbo. It hasn't given me one bit of trouble. Best 2500 I've spent on the machine. Sure it won't be reliable if you run 11+ psi of boost , but you can get good safe power gains by running 8-9 psi way more power than cams clutch tuner and exhaust will get you. If you buy all that other stuff and it doesn't get you much more than loud exhaust you would be pissed. Go do a search. There are hundreds of posts on this forum of people who went that route and saw very few gains.

Best thing you can do though is to call bike man and tell them what you are looking for and see what they say. They may suggest something different. They know how their different components work together. Then after you call them go ahead and call alba racing. Their are a very reputable shop who do every thing from big bores to turbos. They might have other ideas. Research it out before you plop down $2-3k of your money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts