Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi US drivers :)

I just sold my 08' Polaris 500 HO and i am now very interested in the little 570 :)
Since i have never tried one, i would like to have youropinion about the overall performances of the 570 compared to the 500 HO...
I knew driving a SBS is different from an atv, but i am afraid about the lack of power...
Do you think that the 570 is as powerfull as the 500 HO (it is not a monster but it is powerfull enough to have fun with it)
With 2 guys on the 570, is it still powerfull enough or there is a big loss of power?
Thanks for advices

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have a 08 500 ho and I think the 570 by far has more power even with 3 people in it. Center seat and 4 year old is third person. I was always disappointed in the 500 ho myself.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Everyone can tell you how well the 570 runs, but the best bet would be to go test drive one. I don't think you will be disappointed.

·
Registered
112 Posts
We have a 2012 Sportsman 500HO and a 570RZR. From a pure specs standpoint, I believe the 570RZR puts about 35 HP to the ground at the rear wheels. I don't believe the 500HO makes much more than this at the crank, so I'm sure that it wouldn't put much more than 28 to the ground. Im sure that the 570 also produces quite a bit more torque than the 500HO. In a drag race (with two adults in the 570), the 570 is a little quicker. There is no shortage of power in the 570, and I wouldn't go as far as calling it little. If that's the case, then I'd call it "The biggest, little SXS made to date". In fact, there's not much difference in acceleration or power than the 800RZR. The 800 is torquier and has the ability to fling bigger tires. I don't think you'd be disappointed with the 570's power. Good luck!

·
Registered
87 Posts
We have a 2012 Sportsman 500HO and a 570RZR. From a pure specs standpoint, I believe the 570RZR puts about 35 HP to the ground at the rear wheels. I don't believe the 500HO makes much more than this at the crank, so I'm sure that it wouldn't put much more than 28 to the ground. Im sure that the 570 also produces quite a bit more torque than the 500HO. In a drag race (with two adults in the 570), the 570 is a little quicker. There is no shortage of power in the 570, and I wouldn't go as far as calling it little. If that's the case, then I'd call it "The biggest, little SXS made to date". In fact, there's not much difference in acceleration or power than the 800RZR. The 800 is torquier and has the ability to fling bigger tires. I don't think you'd be disappointed with the 570's power. Good luck!
^Agreed!!!^

·
Registered
118 Posts
today was my first quick run on my 570 le...been riding quads scince 85 first down paved section to gravel end felt realy strange you expect "car" feel but felt kinda sticky to road surface ( even tho i had diff unlocked ) tried brakes.. still brand new so wasnt expecting huge grabbing , slowed as expected till got to a crawl let off brake then eng brake engaged.....who tossed out the anchor!!! stopped almost within 5 feet. switched to 2wheel and punched it onto the gravel section. stickyness turned to smooth familiar control as i blew past 45 mph into long uphill sweeper .....realy cool all wheel drift to top .brakes again slowed to stop engaged 4 wheel turned around to repeat drift other way , just flew around to top on other side without much drift still fun tho .back to top 2 wd drive back again into freshly plowed field staying on the outskirts thr fresh soil kinda sucked me down dropped hammer (still 2wd) still felt dragged down till i noticed duel 40 foot roosters marking my route. stopped hit 4 wheel punched it again ...seconds later doin 50 all the way down the back strtch my nice shiney black buggy now full of dirt n me grinnin all the way back ...kept thinkin torquy thing
cant wait till i get it to th trails.........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts