Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everybody this is my first thread i could not find a trailer or towing specific forum for this.
I have started looking a Rzr and the RZRS but i already have 2 atvs and will need a trailer that is perfect to fit both atvs and a RZR. im thinking of a 16 foot trailer to ride up the RZR from the back and hopefully fit 2 atvs horizontally.

let me know what you guys would suggest thanks

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
My rzr fills up my 8' trailer. I'll buy a 10 footer just to make sure. Most 4 wheeler are about 47 or 48" wide, mine is 49". I'd go with a 20 footer so you are squeezed for inches.

·
Registered
882 Posts
You are going to want around 10' for the RZR, and each quad takes up approx 4' if you put them horizontally...so if you went with an 18' trailer, it would work perfect. You may be able to squeeze everything on a 16' trailer, but it would be TIGHT, and I like to leave a little "wiggle room" between machines.

I have a 24' trailer, and I can put my RZR, 3 quads and I have room for a nitrogen tank on the front, and a cooler in the back behind the RZR.

P.S.

Welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks.. tight is not a problem but i think 18 would be good i have a 07 Chevy Tahoe for towing im trying to keep the weight down.. but with 18 i will have enough room so it wont be much of a hassle loading them

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
i've had my rzr and a 4 wheeler on a 16x7 trailer and thats all that'll go. you definitely cant put 2 atvs and a rzr in 16'. 18 would be pushing it and you couldnt have ramps that swing forward at that.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok 18' is a pretty odd trailer size. i think i will find a 18' and see if i can fit them if not i will need to have my welder modify it expand it.
worst case scenario purchase a 16' trailer and stand up the atvs?

ps really liking this forum! thanks for all the help and fast replies!

·
Registered
882 Posts
The 18' trailer will work, as long as the deck is 18'...not overall length.

here is my 24' trailer, in the front...there is a nitrogen bottle strapped down, which takes up around a foot. Then there are the 3 quads, which are all close to 48" wide and have an inch or two between tires, and the RZR...you can see I have a few feet behind it for my ramps or a cooler.

Get rid of one of the quads, and you can cut 4' off...that will put you at a 20' trailer, if you don't want the room behind the RZR for ramps or a cooler, cut off another 2' and you are about perfect with an 18' deck for 2 quads and the RZR. Any decent trailer place (not a big chain store that just sells trailers out front) should be able to make up a really nice 18 footer for a reasonable price, my 24 footer with 3500# axles, trailer brakes on both axles, and a spare tire came out to $2200 + tax. I have seen single axle 14' trailers out front of Lowes or Home Depot for close to the same price. Like I said, look for a real trailer sales place that can make or order whatever you want...the big chain stores don't cut it for this type of thing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I purchased a used 2004 triton open snowmobile trialer tandam axle that was 8' wide and 20' long with a 2' V and it is great. I have 1 rzr and 2 fourwheelers I load onto it and I have extra room for atleast 1 more atv if needed. On the 2' V I mounted a 2' x 4' box for supplies. Trailer works great, I can provide pictures if need.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I have been looking at new trailers lately and If I decide to not go with an enclosed trailer I am looking at a 24' PJ. I will be using it to haul a rzr and 2 atvs or 2 rzrs. I am planning to use the extra room for coolers and gear. The extra space is always nice.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok will trailer brake be mandatory? i found a shop selling a trailer for 1200 new its a 16' with one foot rails, except on the back, i have a good welder friend that can add up 2-3 feet to support a atv for practically free. im trying to stay in a budget, but if a trailer brake is mandatory then i would just get one custom made 18-20ft with brakes, and 1 foot rails for saftey and storing smaller objects

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have an 18 footer now and thinking about replacing it with a 20 foot car hauler flat bed so we can side load the RZR's. The goal is to side load 2 Rzr's and 2 Atv's. It should work.

·
Registered
738 Posts
When we got ready to upgrade trailers, we found a place near us that rented trailers. We thought a 16ft would work for our needs, then we tried a 20 ft. and it was fine for the Ranger (what I had at the time) and two full size quads with room to spare. But it was tight if we needed to take our grandsons 50s.

We found a 2 year old used 24 ft. trailer with a the drop ramp in the rear for a good price. It gives me plenty of room for everything including fuel cans, water cans, and firewood.

You may want to see if you can rent or borrow one before buying.

I consider a trailer brake mandatory.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would stay away from lengthening a trailer by 2 or 3 feet. You will then have to move the wheels back also. Because if you don't with it fully loaded you may not have little to any tongue weight. This makes it hard to pull and back up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ive got an 18' car hauler I use, my s wont fit sideways. But I do carry two Foreman 500s sideways and the rzr and still have a foot or so left over.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I have an 18 footer now and thinking about replacing it with a 20 foot car hauler flat bed so we can side load the RZR's. The goal is to side load 2 Rzr's and 2 Atv's. It should work.
I don't think you can side load a RZR I don't think you are legal if you are over 102" wide. Also if you are going to side load it is nice to have a trailer where the wheel are below the deck, no wheel wells sticking up. My trailer is 18'x8' wide it has 1' high rails that fold down to side load it has a fold down ramp in the back and it has built in cargo boxes mounted under the deck. I almost forgot I put lots of E track on the deck for the tie down straps.
I bought the trailer long ago knowing some day I would buy a RZR. Well I will pick up the RZRs next week. I am having the dealer order and install all the after market parts before I pick it up.

The shop is still under construction in the pics

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
16 X 8.5 works very nicely for two ATVs and a RZR-S. The ATVs are loaded from the rear and sit side by side. The RZR has plenty of room between the rear of the ATVs and the ramp, even with an aftermarket front bumper adding to the overall length.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts