Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 09 rzr 800 na with looney tuned duals and a dragonfire intake. I just got my PCV and autotune in and need to know what AFR I need to run at. Anyone help me out???

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
I ended up targeting 13.4 in the cruise positions and 12.8 above 80% throttle.

·
Registered
428 Posts
i run about 13.25 across the board right now, i should go in and get a little picky. would be nice to have a tuning center with a dyno near by.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome thanks guys. I think I am running pretty fat. Wanted to make sure to be safe.. Where would you be worried about getting too lean In a/f

·
Registered
736 Posts
I've already stayed on my turbo at 11.8 to 12.8 through all ranges. I've heard from a lot of people that 14 and higher is way to Lein and could pop at any time. Just my 2 cents tho.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reading Roach!! Good info in that article. And to everyone else chipping in opinions. I guess I will have to do some trials. I do not have access to a dyno which is the reason for asking you all that might have had a chance to put your rzr on one and get actual numbers. Just wanna be as close as I can be to dialed in without having a dyno. Closest is prob 3 hrs away.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Wolf did u ever have your rzr on a dyno or did you just have the best feeling out of your rzr at those target a/f tables?

·
Registered
428 Posts
17:1 ? better go ahead and buy a new piston, your gonna need it.
oh i definetly don'r recomend it, he just asked at what point to start worrying.
there is an approximate 15% reduction in gas used at this ratio and a lean 17:1 mixture normally has too slow a fuel burn-time which may cause knocking and misfiring. Many automobiles will use this as a custom ratio at the standard light-load cruise and use some ignition advance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts