Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the first to question the need of a park brake? I do a lot of hill climbs and If i have to stop on the hill I have to winch an inch or so to shift out of park. Way to hard on the gears of I don't.

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts
Am I the first to question the need of a park brake? I do a lot of hill climbs and If i have to stop on the hill I have to winch an inch or so to shift out of park. Way to hard on the gears of I don't.
UTVINC makes a sweet parking brake that works with power steering...

·
Registered
948 Posts
At the dunes I just put it in 2wd and dig the rear tires in enough to hold it then when I take off in 4wd it pops right out. This of course only works in softer terrain.

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
hey ya'll watch this....
1,304 Posts
I think most everyone runs an aftermarket parking brake. I've used a couple styles and have this one now..

http://www.rzrforums.net/rxutv/89500-pawltector-back-works-power-steering-79-95-a.html#post1110899

It's easily my favorite..easy install, fits with EPS simple hands free operation and is priced right.
That's what I'm using. 5-10 minute install.
Same here, love it!
This is also the same one I have and its GREAT! VERY Easy install and to engage it you use your feet..One on the brake and one pushing the clasp over the peddle (then just push brake to disengage) So If you have a harness on (lack of upper body mobility) You dont have to use arms..I love it.. just my .02

·
Registered
117 Posts
Anyone know of a hand-operated ebrake like we have on cars? Ideally I'd like to install a hydraulic one to be able to induce some rear end rotation on demand. I know I can buy a hydraulic handbrake master cylinder and set it up myself like we do on rally cars but it sure would be nice if someone already fabs such a kit.

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
This has been discussed ever since the creation of this site. I made my own pvc pipe that I stick between the break and the dash. Works great and cost less than $5

·
Registered
83 Posts
yea i made mine and my buddys, from a Yamaha Raptor parking break handle i bought of of ebay for $15 and a $12 break cable from a local bike shop and a few 1/4" bolts ....and it works awsome!

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's what I'm using. 5-10 minute install.
Same here, love it!
This is also the same one I have and its GREAT! VERY Easy install and to engage it you use your feet..One on the brake and one pushing the clasp over the peddle (then just push brake to disengage) So If you have a harness on (lack of upper body mobility) You dont have to use arms..I love it.. just my .02

Went with the majority can't wait for it to get here.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
same here, love it!
this is also the same one i have and its great! Very easy install and to engage it you use your feet..one on the brake and one pushing the clasp over the peddle (then just push brake to disengage) so if you have a harness on (lack of upper body mobility) you dont have to use arms..i love it.. Just my .02

went with the majority can't wait for it to get here.

thanks for the order

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts