Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found this product and was wounderin if anybody has used it and if it works good, RZR and RZRS Brake Lock Parking Brake , i park on hills a good bit and when i go to put it in gear from park u usually have to yank it out of park and feels like ur goin to tear up somethin, this says it will pervent that problem from happenin and i was wounderin if any of yall have used it and does it really work like the discription says??? thanks

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
they do work. i've used one of those before but i have a camlock brake on it now and it is much better. I never put the transmission in park anymore.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Yes you do need a parking brake....If you don't want to install an electrical one you can purchase a mechanical one that is very easy to install . Matter of fact you can get the mechanical one from the same vendor....I use the mech one and think it's great........

·
Registered
995 Posts
I use one equivalent to UTV Inc.'s. It's one of those that a few manufacturers copied with little changes, but as a whole, function the same. No matter which you get, they work and work well.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
They will both work quite well......On one you have to tie into your brake line, on the lever one you don't.......

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
I have that exact parking brake. It works really well. Its made by Trail Armor and the instructions are pretty good. You get a dash mounted, lighted switch which you switch to engage it. Once the brake is on, shift into park and back into drive with no pressure at all. It will hold the RZR with no problems at all on hills. Just make sure to take it off before you try moving lol.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im havin a hard time deciding between the lever and the button behind the shifter, i do want the do a mechanical brakin system i think would be better then eletrical, but cant decide between the two, the lever looks to me like its just pushing and holding the brake down (idk if thats true just what it looks like to me) but not sure how the button is tied up into the brake, which one is better at holding and last longer, guessin both keeps from yankin the shifter

·
Registered
25 Posts
I did a little research before I made mine and I decided on mechanical because most of the electric ones would only do the rear brakes. I don't know if this is true on all electric models but I wanted one the would brake all 4 wheels. I love my set up because I can apply it and winch someone out keeping the rzr in "N" so that all the force is not on the trany or transfer case.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Oh and how it works... You pull the button which pulls on the back of the pivot lever while pushing on the brake there for blocking the brake in the pressed postion. The spring is there so that when you push the brake again it automatically releases the parking brake and sucking the button back to the normal state.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The one I posted pictures above. Again I made my own but there is a kit on Ebay thats sold for around $90 what works the exact same way. I beleive all his hardware is SS I made mine all out of 1/4" aluminum because I ride a lot of salt water.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i think i may go with the lever system after reading about it on here seems to look like a good system

1 - 20 of 29 Posts