Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a 2022 Turbo R and i've been working on it adding all the good stuff and I check the voltage today and it's at9.4 volts, this is a brand new machine anyone else have this problem

· Premium Member
434 Posts
Could have had a low charge or bad battery upon delivery. List "the good stuff".

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Factory UTV full Skid, PCI race radio& Trax intercom, Parker pumper (off old RZR), Turn signal kit, horn, Seismic mirrors, Polaris lock&ride storage box & ice chest, nerf bars, polaris fender extensions , and it is an ultimate

· Premium Member
434 Posts
So nothing that should be creating a parasitic draw. At least not that I can recognize from that list. I would throw the battery on the charger and top it off and see if it drains down again.

Reactions: Trailwolverine

· Registered
38 Posts
So nothing that should be creating a parasitic draw. At least not that I can recognize from that list. I would throw the battery on the charger and top it off and see if it drains down again.
The best way to check for a parasitic load is to disconnect the posited lead on the battery and place a multimeter between the battery terminal and the positive lead you just disconnected if there is any current flowing (amps) it will show up on the meter.

· Premium Member
2020 900 Trail Fox Edition
2,151 Posts
Drawing a starting battery to 9 volts can kill it. Myself I would pull the battery charge it then load test it (harbor freight has inexpensive load testers or most auto parts places can do it. If the battery is good put it back in and do the above check.

· Premium Member
3,817 Posts
Just get a cheap $19 battery tester at Harbor freight charge your battery then do a load test step, then charge your battery disconnect ground hook up battery tester and see if the battery drains significantly over a period of time I have a Schumacher charger that will show a battery drain. If it doesn’t work then hook your ground up and do the same thing that will tell you if somethings draining your battery in your electrical system ,I bet your battery shot.
Just my two cents.
Watch Gas Office equipment Engineering Wrist

· Registered
851 Posts
I had a parasitic draw on my 2016 turbo. I dug into that thing for months. It turned out to be two things. My factory harness was grounding. And my factory purchased speaker harness was labeled and wired incorrectly. It was also grounding. Internally on top of that. In conclusion. I’m not positive it was worth my time to locate. A dead man switch on the main positive to kill the power would have been way less stressful. And serve as a theft deterrent.

· Premium Member
434 Posts
The best way to check for a parasitic load is to disconnect the posited lead on the battery and place a multimeter between the battery terminal and the positive lead you just disconnected if there is any current flowing (amps) it will show up on the meter.
Yep, that's what I did when we bought our motorhome and the chassis battery would need charging every couple of days. Brand new motorhome with a bad battery was the problem.

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the replies , I put a trickle charger on it last night and checked for a parasitic drain and found none so I'll check the voltage tomorrow and go from there, It's still new with just 2 miles on it and almost finished with all the add-on's 👍

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All my switches are set up on keyed power and when the battery was low the switches were not installed yet, we will see in a few minutes if there is any change
Tanks Paul
Yep, that's what I did when we bought our motorhome and the chassis battery would need charging every couple of days. Brand new motorhome with a bad battery was the problem.
Are any of the switches you may have installed lighted, with the switch light LED staying on even though the switch itself is in the off position?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Registered
1 Posts
It is most likely your radio / intercom , I have fix this problem about 10 times now by putting a switch in line from the Battery to radio , pretty easy you just have to remember to turn switch off just like you would have to turn off radio.

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
When I first posted this the battery lost 4 volts before I added anything I then put a trickle charger on it overnight , with a full charge I monitored the voltage and also remembered reading in the owners manuel about having to put it on a triple charger during storage over periods of over two weeks witch leads me to believe that it's Ride Command or Dynamix , and since then I have finished all of my installation and still have a parasitic draw so I'm planing on installing a battery disconnect switch hopefully this will solve the problem.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts