Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to figure out how bad the damage is and what to do about it. Although I thought I had a good mix of 50/ 50 anti freeze and distilled water, it looks like I was wrong. We just had a winter storm hit and I didn't even think about the machine sitting the garage. I am going to place a space heater in the garage now to make sure it stays above freezing to prevent further damage.
I see some water around the head gasket right now. I'm heading back out to pull the seats and engine cover (from behind the seats) to look around more. Going to post some pictures...
Brown Wood Gas Font Metal
Bumper Nail Gas Auto part Metal

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Keep us posted on what ya find.

Hopefully its just a hose somewhere that did some squirtin.

We all like squirters ya know...

Reactions: nick7269

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Yikes! Yea that could be bad.

Reactions: nick7269

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, I pulled the seats and engine cover. The top of the engine appears to be bone dry. Freeze plug is bone dry. Using a flash light I cannot find any cracks in head or block anywhere. I did find moister coming from the thermostat housing though. I know I did have the thermostat housing off (did not replace thermostat, but I think I replaced the gasket?). So maybe it is leaking from the thermostat housing and running down along the edge of the head gasket?
More pictures....
Wood Gear Gas Household hardware Machine

another picture of head
Wood Bumper Flooring Hardwood Gas

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Give it a good washing, dry it, fire it up and let it idle. Look for leaks
That is a great idea. I am going to do that. This machine only has 1 or 2 miles on it since I put it back together. I was working on the mudflaps/ fenders today to finish her up today when I noticed the leak and panicked! lol
I should probably calm down...haha

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Yea it looks like it could be coming from the t-stat housing. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Reverend_FNG

·
Registered
30 Posts
Real cold weather can do a number on seals, gaskets, etc. I have a 1997 Tahoe in the driveway that will leak coolant from the lower hose whenever it sits below 0 for any amount of time..

Hopefully just needs a re-tightening, good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts