Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a little bored with the look of my RZR and have been kicking around the idea of pulling it apart this winter and having a custom paint job done on the plastics and doors.

I don't have an exact design down that I want yet, but I have a few ideas. One is to have old school hotrod style flames on the front and sides in pearl white, and all flat black on the rest of the body. Another is to have everything done in flat black, but then have white flames "pinstriped" on. Like I said, I'm not decided yet...but something along those lines.

So what do you guys think...waste of money or worth it? I mostly ride dunes, so I'm not too worried about the paint getting beat up. And the trails that I do ride on are nice and wide...

For those of you who have had custom paint done, how is it holding up? Approximate price? Regret it or no?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I had mine hydro dipped and like it a lot. Seems to hold up pretty good. But your idea wont work with the dipping because they only have so many patterns. Might be something to consider though. It will make it stand out for sure.

·
Registered
497 Posts
My RZR doesnt even have an hour on it yet and Im sick of the paint.

It is red and I wanted a green one but I am impatient.

I just ordered a camo kit for it through Camomyride.com.

It cost me $218.00 bucks for the kit with about 20 patterns to choose from and it looks fairly easy for installation.

Then again that was just from watching the demo vid......will post before and after pics and let you guys know how it works out..........................Over

·
Rzr spy
2,489 Posts
I just did it. House of Kolor, Magic Blue Pearl (no design) and I totally dig it. $650 cash including plastics (the guy that did it is just trying to liquidate his inventory) and it was worth the 3 hour each way drive. The way I look at it, I am sick of my green plastic. It was cheaper to paint my well maintained RZR than buying a new one.........

·
Rzr spy
2,489 Posts
looks good...but you swapped plastics right? Or did you paint them?
No, they are all new. I sold my green plastics for a couple hundred.......so my new paint actually cost me $450 plus some good garage time.

By the way REDFISH, I'm picking up a fusion on sunday after work.....thx again for that idea, it's exactly what I was looking for.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
looks good...but you swapped plastics right? Or did you paint them?
No, they are all new. I sold my green plastics for a couple hundred.......so my new paint actually cost me $450 plus some good garage time.

By the way REDFISH, I'm picking up a fusion on sunday after work.....thx again for that idea, it's exactly what I was looking for.

Good I hope you have as much luck with it as we have. I actualy have three fusion head units.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Had mine painted when I changed the cage and added doors and love it! I hated looking like every other RZR out there:rm_thumbdown: It's Toyota metallic blue with 3 coats of clear. $700 for everything including doors and roof. Check out my garage pics:ride:

·
Registered
71 Posts
i just took mine to the shop this morning and he is getting started on it tomorrow morning. I bought all new plastics and im going with a peal white, blue, and black. When i was looking for designs on the internet i found a place that had really cool graphics if you might be interested in it. I do not remember the website but if you go to google and search for custom painted polaris rzr it should come up. between the all new plastic and the paint its going to run me about 800. ill post pics as soon as it gets done next week

·
Family, it's about time
1,524 Posts
Before you paint it I would check to see if there is anyone in your area with red plastics in good shape that would like your set with rzr-s graphics. I bet you could trade and get some cash to help offset the cost of painting. I know I would have been interested in doing that if I wasn't going to sell my Rzr

·
MX Kid
3,101 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it. I was hoping to stay under a grand for everything...and from the sounds of it, that will be easy enough.

The Michigan dune season ends on October 31, so shortly after that...I will tear this thing apart and bring it over to the painters.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.