Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2021 rzr turbo s and am going to Glamis Presidents weekend. Should I buy paddles or just lower my air pressure? I have the stock 32 tires??

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I would go with your stock tires and see how you like the dunes. If you love it then buy a set. Big expense to find out you don't like it and you be able to get around just fine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
To tag on, also if your not going to the dunes very often then its not worth the expense.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 RZR Turbo S
4 Posts
I was out there on New Year's and did just fine with stock tires between 8-10psi...I have a 21 Turbo S

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great news, was looking for something like this. I have came over from the Maxxis Big Horn on my 800s and knew those were okay in the dunes, but still ran Paddles. Now with the Coyotes 32's I was wondering if even in AWD how would it perform with such big tires more weight and not so much additional power. I think the paddles are still the way to go, coming from my boosted 800s, the stock big horns would rip in dirt but were to weighted for sand and switching to paddles they were lighter which helps! Still will give the 32s some trying.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Air down and don't get stop in the soft stuff going up an incline. In my area, you can pick up a set of used paddles fairly easily, and if you don't like the experience, you can also sell them, fairly easily, once you get back home.

Not many folks that don't enjoy Glamis, once you have experienced it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Agreed, I have started off going to Johnson Valley here in CA. We did our first sand trip over the New Years holiday, Gordon Wells, and the 800s was a blast to be in. We had so much fun for our first time out we bought a bigger car.
The sand just might be our new oasis.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Agreed as well. I am from the High Desert area of CA, so Johnson Valley was a regular spot for me growing up, just not with RZR type toys. Being from Phoenix area, we just started going to Glamis last year and love it. Our 10-18 year old boys live it up on quads, dirt bikes, RZR's, etc. We also stay down at Gordon's because of proximity, it's fairly quite, and it makes for a nice trip up the the vendors, Gecko, and numerous spots in the dunes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am also going to Glamis for the first time next weekend, and decided to purchase a set of System 3 beadlocks and sand tires from a friend. They have been going there for some time now, and I just finally decided to join in, so expect to be doing it about as often as I go out to Randsburg every season.

·
Registered
89 Posts
If it rains stock tires do really good. When the sand was soft and dry my turbo S struggled on super steep long climbs on stock tires.

·
Registered
388 Posts
There is a shop here that rents paddles. If you can find one by you this would be a good way to see if paddles are worth it for your use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts