Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spent a few days trying to plan this upcoming weekend where I'll be by Oark (specifically by the Catalpa Cafe And General Store) in the Ozarks. I've never spent time in the Ozarks and was hoping it would be a little more tactical than just driving around hoping to find some decent trails. We don't mind spending an hour+ driving to a head of a decent area, either.

Seeing the FS maps, could this group give me suggestions of where I should head (or something else I'm missing?)

Big Piney Ranger District MVUM
Boston Mountain Ranger District MVUM
Mt. Magazine Ranger District MVUM
Pleasant Hill Ranger District MVUM
St. Francis National Forest MVUM

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ride your SXS down the road to Byrd's adventure center, go to the office and buy a map and some supplies, ask the person in the office for suggestions. There's a lot of riding right there, including access to the national forest.

Go north on hwy 23 to mulberry mtn, buy a map and some supplies, ask the counter guy to send you down chimney rock trail to the mulberry river access, or the route to the falls just north of the campground, or the route to frog bayou falls, or Fatty's knob.

Spend a little money get some local knowledge, enjoy your stay. Definitely eat at the Oark Cafe.

download maps from avenza, or maprika of the area, you can ride out of oark.

·
Steve
106 Posts
Ride your SXS down the road to Byrd's adventure center, go to the office and buy a map and some supplies, ask the person in the office for suggestions. There's a lot of riding right there, including access to the national forest.

Go north on hwy 23 to mulberry mtn, buy a map and some supplies, ask the counter guy to send you down chimney rock trail to the mulberry river access, or the route to the falls just north of the campground, or the route to frog bayou falls, or Fatty's knob.

Spend a little money get some local knowledge, enjoy your stay. Definitely eat at the Oark Cafe.

download maps from avenza, or maprika of the area, you can ride out of oark.
How would rate this area as compared to Mack's Pines & Illinois Bayou / Moccasin Gap area?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts