Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
World Traveler No Longer
44 Posts
I had a lot of issues with the strap sliding off. With the suspension compressing and releasing and tires moving in and out I would lose at least a strap every mile while offroad. Never had much problem on the highway.

I ended up designing and 3d-printing strap centering blocks. They have a keel that fits into the tire lugs and a lip on each side to capture the strap. This solved my problems, and they don't slip off anymore.
IMG_20190613_081548.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a follow up to this thread, E-track mounting and ramps

I secured the entire outside edge of the E-track on the truck and got at least 1 screw in every 16" along the inside edge. I can hang my 250lb weight on it and it does not move.

I got the Erickson chock and strap kit, Wheel Chock | and Strap Kit to have a chock and a place to mount the inside of the tires. I could not do inside and outside of the tire as the kit recommends since I do not have enough space. The chocks are mounted right over a frame rate and I used 3" bolts and went though a 2x4 on each side of the chock under of the deck.

I have secured machines a lot of ways and I will say this is rock solid. The machine doe not move at all even with just 2 straps on.

My question, for others that have used this kind of system, is are you ever worried about the tire strap sliding out of position or off while going down the road? With as solid as this holds I do not think it will be a problem but I have always had something that went "around" in some way.

View attachment 670265

View attachment 670266
I have the same straps from the same company. Just make sure that you center the strap and really reef on the winch good and tight! I have a tailgate and the first time I used them 1 came loose. But after the proper tension I have never had any issues!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had a lot of issues with the strap sliding off. With the suspension compressing and releasing and tires moving in and out I would lose at least a strap every mile while offroad. Never had much problem on the highway.

I ended up designing and 3d-printing strap centering blocks. They have a keel that fits into the tire lugs and a lip on each side to capture the strap. This solved my problems, and they don't slip off anymore. View attachment 670533
Freaking Brilliant :)

These have never moved on me been across the country twice and never had one lossen.
View attachment 670555
Look Awesome.. I'm going to zoom in to see the Brand :)

·
Premium Member
2020 Pro XP 4 Premium
395 Posts
Mac's are a little pricey but so is the machine and they won't slip off
RZR Pictures_3.jpg

·
Registered
141 Posts
I use the e- track on the front. And on the rear clevis on the back at about the same height as on the trailer. And I use a 2 x 4 with e-track brackets for a stop. The straps I got at Lowe’s. Very heavy duty. About 16 bucks apiece. They where in a separate display on the end of the hardware aisle.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
The way you have that axle strap around the upright on your trailer isnt a good idea. That strap can slide upwards when given the chance to.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The way you have that axle strap around the upright on your trailer isnt a good idea. That strap can slide upwards when given the chance to.
The axle strap. Is the same Height. As my celvis to my receiver. so unless I am going to bounce a couple of feet in the air. I think I will be ok. I hope you’re diaper gets emptied. On a regular basis.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Wow... LOL!
The ignorance couldn't possibly be any more obvious. I dig it, its comical as hell.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The axle strap. Is the same Height. As my celvis to my receiver. so unless I am going to bounce a couple of feet in the air. I think I will be ok. I hope you’re diaper gets emptied. On a regular basis.
Dude, he was just saying your strap on the trailer upright looks to have about 3-4” of upward slide available. Thus if it slides your strap will then be lose.. not a D**k comment at all😳

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yes you are right. That picture was taken when I loaded it after it broke down. Let’s just say I was in a hurry. The strap should’ve been over the top rail behind the upright. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Be careful of straps on edges of the rails etc.
I had a HD 2” strap wear out over a 500 mile trip many many years back.
I had it going over the angle iron rail on a trailer.
I caught it at a gas stop before it broke but it was 90% gone.

“To be old and wise one must first be young and stupid.”

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I bought Mac’s wheel nets 3 years ago and wouldn’t use anything else. Worth every penny of what they cost. We have some terrible roads and I’ve never had them come loose.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Be careful of straps on edges of the rails etc.
I had a HD 2” strap wear out over a 500 mile trip many many years back.
I had it going over the angle iron rail on a trailer.
I caught it at a gas stop before it broke but it was 90% gone.

“To be old and wise one must first be young and stupid.”

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net
Mine are rounded square tubing. But I can see were other ones are made out of angle iron. That could “cause a problem I’m sure.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Made the trip down with no problem. Moved from location A to B with some very bumpy dirt access roads, no problem. Made it over 3/4 the way home with no problem.

Almost home while traveling on a rural state highway I had just come though small town and everything was good. A couple of minutes later I looked and 3 of the straps had fallen off 😲 so I had to find a spot where I could safely pull over and put them back on.

I will fire up the sewing machine this week and make some kind of safety device so this can not happen again. I have a couple of ideas in mind but likely to turn them into wheel net style straps. I will post pics when I get them done.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts