Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm new to the forum and have a question regarding by 2014 RZR XP4 1000.
After a ride and I shut down, the coolant fluid backflows into the coolant tank. When I keep it running the pump kicks on and cycles through. It only over heats when I shut down.
Also on the speedometer guage it displays an E after the Gear display. I.e. P E, R E. etc., but doesn't state in the manual what the issue is.
Any feedback or direction would be great.
thanks

· Premium Member
2020 900 Trail Fox Edition
2,162 Posts
Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. Why are you thinking its overheating? what is the engine temp indicating. The water pump is working when ever the engine is running the radiator fan kicks on and off and is controlled by engine coolant temp. There should be some coolant in the recovery bottle all the time if not check the level in the radiator and refill if necessary and add coolant to the recovery bottle to the lower level line (cold engine) One of the forum experts should be able to answer your question on the display.

· Registered
2,415 Posts
Hey all, I'm new to the forum and have a question regarding by 2014 RZR XP4 1000.
After a ride and I shut down, the coolant fluid backflows into the coolant tank. When I keep it running the pump kicks on and cycles through. It only over heats when I shut down.
Also on the speedometer guage it displays an E after the Gear display. I.e. P E, R E. etc., but doesn't state in the manual what the issue is.
Any feedback or direction would be great.
thanks
I’m going to presume this car is new to you given your unfamiliarity with the dash display.
If you are not new to the car, has the cooling system had any recent work?
The E on the display indicates “engine” mode and will show engine temp. If you press that rubber button on the dash, you should see it cycle to the next screen.
So, when the engine is cold, are the coolant levels, in the radiator and overflow tank normal?
When you are experiencing the “overheating”, what temp is the engine?
Lastly, the radiator fan should kick on at 204* and then turn off at around 188*.
Let us know what temps you are seeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. Why are you thinking its overheating? what is the engine temp indicating. The water pump is working when ever the engine is running the radiator fan kicks on and off and is controlled by engine coolant temp. There should be some coolant in the recovery bottle all the time if not check the level in the radiator and refill if necessary and add coolant to the recovery bottle to the lower level line (cold engine) One of the forum experts should be able to answer your question on the display.
something I forgot to mention and an easy test take your radiator cap to an auto parts store and have it tested for proper pressure release.
thank you. I'll do that first.
I’m going to presume this car is new to you given your unfamiliarity with the dash display.
If you are not new to the car, has the cooling system had any recent work?
The E on the display indicates “engine” mode and will show engine temp. If you press that rubber button on the dash, you should see it cycle to the next screen.
So, when the engine is cold, are the coolant levels, in the radiator and overflow tank normal?
When you are experiencing the “overheating”, what temp is the engine?
Lastly, the radiator fan should kick on at 204* and then turn off at around 188*.
Let us know what temps you are seeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes fairly new to the machine. Thanks, didn't think it was a display thing, but easy fix and a bit embarrassed.
When riding temps are fine, topped out about 206. It happens when I stop and shut down the engine, fluid pressures back through overflow tank and comes out the pinhole on cap. When I restart and get the fan to cycle it cools off. I think it is an air bubble of some sort, so I'm going to try and bleed out the air.
Thanks all for the advise, its been helpful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts