Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im here to see if i can get a couple questions answered a group of friends and myself are looking to make a trip out to West Virginia for the HM trails. Ive been looking into the Outlaw trails and every post i have found is 3+ years old. I know the HM trails have taken over alot of the outlaw trails. and I personally dont like all the ''rules'' of them. (helmets and a few adult drinks). We do alot of riding at off road parks near us that dont have those rules. I guess my questions are, are there still alot of the outlaw trails left? If so what are everyone's favorites, area, and is there enough for 4+ days of riding with out hitting the exact same trails everyday.
I will be getting a tablet soon to download all the trails that are available.

· Registered
168 Posts
Hi im here to see if i can get a couple questions answered a group of friends and myself are looking to make a trip out to West Virginia for the HM trails. Ive been looking into the Outlaw trails and every post i have found is 3+ years old. I know the HM trails have taken over alot of the outlaw trails. and I personally dont like all the ''rules'' of them. (helmets and a few adult drinks). We do alot of riding at off road parks near us that dont have those rules. I guess my questions are, are there still alot of the outlaw trails left? If so what are everyone's favorites, area, and is there enough for 4+ days of riding with out hitting the exact same trails everyday.
I will be getting a tablet soon to download all the trails that are available.
Yes, there are plenty of outlaw trails to ride in the Indian Ridge/Pinnacle area for 4 days. You can use HM trails to connect between different outlaw trails. Download BobT’s maps (latest version is Dec 2022) and it will show you both the HM and Outlaw trails. A few of our favorites are Beer Can Alley, Reed Junction, Goldfish pond, Barkers Creek, and Cave Rock. There are plenty of others. If you want to see some more recent videos, google Can Am Crew Outlaw trails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
105 Posts
We ride HM trails a lot, outlaw trails are still there, just have to know where they are. They‘re on some maps but not on all. FYI, in 20 years of riding HM trails I’ve never been stopped or checked for helmets or adult beverages, but I do wear my helmet religiously Have fun !

· Registered
1,442 Posts
Plenty of Outlaws around the Southern trails. I've been riding down there for 12years, 5 years with a permanent campsite near Ashland.Still finding new stuff to ride.

· Registered
291 Posts
We ride HM trails a lot, outlaw trails are still there, just have to know where they are. They‘re on some maps but not on all. FYI, in 20 years of riding HM trails I’ve never been stopped or checked for helmets or adult beverages, but I do wear my helmet religiously Have fun !
Don't factor that in though. We are coming up on 20 years also....I've been ticketed once, and stopped on the trail a few times. Had buddies ticketed. We kind of know where they like to sit on the trails now....but you never know. We mainly run around Man-Logan-Gilbert areas.....we run outlaws alot also.....Last time we were stopped was like 6pm on a Sunday evening too...He was just checking helmets and passes.

· Registered
411 Posts
Can only speak for the southern 4 systems, but yep, still plenty of outlaws to hit. I've been stopped numerous times in my trips there for different reasons, they've always been nice to me and I've never gotten a ticket or even lectured, but then I wear my helmet and don't drink alcohol. Avoid the "favorite weekends" if you don't want to risk getting stopped, they know when they have the highest chance of catching someone. (Trailfest, Labor Day, Memorial Day)

We got stopped by the HMT working on the new soggy bottom trail last summer, was a nice kind of stop and chat thing since he was blocking the trail with his mini-excavator and we had to stop, but he was telling us that land owners are actually asking HMT to take over the outlaws, Im sure you can guess the reasons why.

Beer can alley will always be an outlaw ride since its a creek, but they've cut the HMT trails right up to it now near butterfly junction and soggy bottom.

· Registered
22 RZR XP 1000 Premium
10 Posts
A lot of the outlaw trails are blocked by gates and a lifetime supply of no trespassing signs, as several large hunt clubs lease some areas. But there are still lots of miles of outlaws left.

· Registered
2022 Pro XP
93 Posts
Yes, there are plenty of outlaw trails to ride in the Indian Ridge/Pinnacle area for 4 days. You can use HM trails to connect between different outlaw trails. Download BobT’s maps (latest version is Dec 2022) and it will show you both the HM and Outlaw trails. A few of our favorites are Beer Can Alley, Reed Junction, Goldfish pond, Barkers Creek, and Cave Rock. There are plenty of others. If you want to see some more recent videos, google Can Am Crew Outlaw trails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you provide a link for the BobT's maps download? Not familiar with him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts