Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wanting to get some honest opinions on these tires. I want a tire in the 28-30" range that's good in the mud, while still having decent trail manners. I have heard some say that the new Outlaw Radials will follow an Outlaw and is better than a Zilla?

I've had 2 sets of 29.5 laws, 30" silverbacks and 32" silverbacks in the past and love how all of them perform, there is no comparison between them and any all terrain tire. This is why i'm wondering how the new Radial outlaws are actually doing.

Thanks for the input in advance. Also, if any of you are running 28-30" radial outlaws, outlaws, silverbacks, etc. with 2-3" lift with a std rzr i'd love to see them.

·
Registered
329 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the pics, great looking rzr. How much lift do you have? Also, what width wheel spacers and what is your total width? Any clutch work? I appreciate it

·
Registered
247 Posts
Also, if any of you are running 28-30" radial outlaws, outlaws, silverbacks, etc. with 2-3" lift with a std rzr i'd love to see them.
Here is the etc. Im running 30" ITP Mudlites. I have always liked the Mudlite's trail manners. They won't pull like a Silverback in deep mud, but they do a good job for what they are. Smooth out on the trails. I do like the Outlaw radials too.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the pics Performance. I agree, mudlites are a great trail tire and light mud tire. They need to be spun quicker to clean out but they also don't have 1.5-2.5" lugs to grab something and break an axle.

I've decided to go with the new 29.5x10-14 Terminators that super atv has coming out. I was going to go with the outlaw radials but if i did, i'd want the new 30's and they say it'll be a few months before they're ready, whereas the terminators will be here next month. I guess i just want to try something completely different, i've heard good things about the 32" terminator.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Thanks for the pics Performance. I agree, mudlites are a great trail tire and light mud tire. They need to be spun quicker to clean out but they also don't have 1.5-2.5" lugs to grab something and break an axle.

I've decided to go with the new 29.5x10-14 Terminators that super atv has coming out. I was going to go with the outlaw radials but if i did, i'd want the new 30's and they say it'll be a few months before they're ready, whereas the terminators will be here next month. I guess i just want to try something completely different, i've heard good things about the 32" terminator.
I've read that the Terminators are super heavy and don't clean out well compared to Outlaws and Backs.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I came from a 4wheeler that all I did was mud. The nastier the better! I ran outlaws on it and would probably have gone to a Silver Back when it was time to replace because ALL I did was mud. However I moved to Arkansas and bought a RZR. Then I wanted a tire that would do everything reasonably well, and finally settled on the 29.5 swamp lite. It does great in the rocks which is most of my riding, but still does resaonably well in the mud. I do still get to the Marengo Swamp ride every year, and I have ZERO complaints with them for the mud. Now granted I am not trying to find the deepest badest mud hole anymore, but I am not shying away from every hole I see either.

As bad as I hate to say it, and I am sure you already know it. You wont find any one tire that does everything great. There are always trade offs. For me and my riding the best solution has been the Swamp Lites. I hope you find a tire that meats your needs as well as this tire has met mine!:ride:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I've read that the Terminators are super heavy and don't clean out well compared to Outlaws and Backs.
From my understanding they're about the same weight as the 30" backs. I know the original 32 terminators are super heavy, but they've come out with a lighter "revised" version of those.

From looking at the tire i believe you are right, they won't clean out as well as the backs or laws because their lugs are closer together than either of those tires. That's fine with me, i don't mind having a pinch more wheel speed.

I came from a 4wheeler that all I did was mud. The nastier the better! I ran outlaws on it and would probably have gone to a Silver Back when it was time to replace because ALL I did was mud. However I moved to Arkansas and bought a RZR. Then I wanted a tire that would do everything reasonably well, and finally settled on the 29.5 swamp lite. It does great in the rocks which is most of my riding, but still does resaonably well in the mud. I do still get to the Marengo Swamp ride every year, and I have ZERO complaints with them for the mud. Now granted I am not trying to find the deepest badest mud hole anymore, but I am not shying away from every hole I see either.

As bad as I hate to say it, and I am sure you already know it. You wont find any one tire that does everything great. There are always trade offs. For me and my riding the best solution has been the Swamp Lites. I hope you find a tire that meats your needs as well as this tire has met mine!:ride:
You're right there's no tire that is amazing at everything. If you can find a tire that's great in the mud and is just "ok" on the trails, you should feel good about your tire choice. Thanks for the info, i'm not expecting my rzr to compete with my brute with 32" backs either, but i'd like to be able to hit a hole and do decent.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hey D Rock, how do you like the bandit wheels? Good quality, blemishes, strong etc. There very well priced and from what i can see they are a 4+3 offset? Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They seem to be strong and look great. The price was definitely what lured me in. I'm very satisfied. They may have a slight "blem" here and there, but if i didn't tell you, i doubt you could find the slight problems. Nothing is blemed to where it would hurt the strength or performance of the wheels. All in all i'd buy another set in a minute. I just wish they made them in 14"s also.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I know this is an old post but did you have to put forward control arms on the 50" Rzr for the 28" radial laws to fit? I have 27" Black diamond xtr's on now and have tons ogf clearence and all have is highlifter springs and 1" spacers on the springs. And I have my motor mount moved forward.

·
Registered
30 Posts
@ BlackStealth88 Are you running the stock front control arms? I have a set of 28" skinny wide Radial Laws I'm wanting to put on my 50" Rzr. I currently have highlifter springs and 1" spacers on them. I have 27" Black Diamond XTR now and have tons of clearance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.