Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
View attachment 680376 View attachment 680377
I like packout. Im a milwaukee fanboy tho. Have a bunch of their tools and storage boxes already.

I have seen those packout mounts on Rock Ready's website but wasn't sure if the Ozark Trail cooler would fit behind it. I currently run a Rigid box with the rubber foot extensions on the bottom to space it up enough to clear the bedsides. I like the Milwaukee stuff but it's pricey.

·
Premium Member
2014 RZR XP1000
2,084 Posts
I have seen those packout mounts on Rock Ready's website but wasn't sure if the Ozark Trail cooler would fit behind it. I currently run a Rigid box with the rubber foot extensions on the bottom to space it up enough to clear the bedsides. I like the Milwaukee stuff but it's pricey.

·
Registered
2021 xpt4
314 Posts
That ozark 26 just barely fits. Definitely a tight squeeze. I already had an extensive milwaukee battery tool and packout collection already, figured I'd just add a few more pieces. Probably do a backseat storage like rzr Joe has also eventually. I think I got my mount from queen city fab and it shows an ozark cooler behind it

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thank you guys the list is growing the ideas are flowing. I appreciate you guys taking the time to share your thoughts. I have a lot to learn when it comes to SXS stuff. I kinda jumped into this Hobbie head first. 3 months ago. I bought the best machine I could get poured some cash into aftermarket but was to damn cheap to buy some tools and things I needed to get ack to camp. I love to ride and live life on the edge.
But I found out first hand not being prepared was down right foolish and could of cost me a very nice machine. I've raced hair scrambles and rode sleds for years. So I have that extreme riding nature in me. But some of the situations I've been in these last few trips I'm lucky all I broke was ball joints. I will now carry as many tools and parts as I can. I will also have my glock with me at all times.
I too jumped into this sport head first. Bought the best machine I could afford on Father’s Day. ‘21 pro xp4 and my biggest fear is going out riding and not being able to make it back to camp. Good luck and have fun! Be safe bro!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well after many years of riding and loading them with spare tools and parts I’ve learned that what breaks will never be what you have or need anyways and the best things to have on any trail or ride are simple.

-Plenty of water!! (Bug spray too)
-Good knife maybe Leatherman
-Cell phone or GPS
-Snatch rope, Tow strap, Ratchet strap
-Various size zip ties, small to very large
-Backup power source for jump and phone.

We have a lot of first aid and the big stuff stays in the trucks (paramedic kits) and small kit in the buggy.

We do not travel with extra parts or fuel anymore, like belts and axles (you can control those alot with throttle) something breaks it’s a tow back to the trailer and ride with someone else in shame the rest of the day. 💯😎

Either way good luck!! Be safe and pack whatever makes you feel comfortable..

Best thing to do really is look at what the OEM tool kit comes with and get better versions of those.. At least have the OEM kit it’s better than nothing. Have fun!

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
So here is what I have bought for tools to carry. I choose Milwaukee for the pack out options. And to be honest I have a problem with buying Milwaukee stuff lol.

Another thing to keep in mind is I do own a Lawncare landscape snow removal business so these tools can easily be used in both places so while I did spend some money they will get used. But please speak freely so this thread can help others. If I'm wasting money speak up. Thanks for your time.

Product Orange Font Material property Parallel
Rectangle Orange Font Parallel Screenshot

·
Registered
2021 xpt4
314 Posts
So here is what I have bought for tools to carry. I choose Milwaukee for the pack out options. And to be honest I have a problem with buying Milwaukee stuff lol.

Another thing to keep in mind is I do own a Lawncare landscape snow removal business so these tools can easily be used in both places so while I did spend some money they will get used. But please speak freely so this thread can help others. If I'm wasting money speak up. Thanks for your time.

Love it. I have a problem with my milwaukee spending also. You get what you pay for with Milwaukee tho

21 - 29 of 29 Posts