Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want to be sure or at least be as prepared as i can be when riding extreme trails. What do you guys carry with tool wise parts wise anything and everything. I have a 2021 turbo s 4 thinking about removing the back seats and buying or making a chest to carry parts tools ease be specific what size sockets max to small metric standerd torx Allen anything and everything to give myself the best shot at making it back to camp if something happens.

Any and all recommendations suggestions welcome order of importance would help as well like must have should have if you have room for ect. Thanks for your time.
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have 2 boxes from polaris. Remove stock seats and they pop right in my four seater. Have not really stocked them yet as this is all new to me. Only issue I dont like is they wont open all the way when in back seat. They hit the cross bar.
2021 Turbo S 4
My son takes out the passenger seat on our 2 seater and uses the box when he rides solo

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have 2 boxes from polaris. Remove stock seats and they pop right in my four seater. Have not really stocked them yet as this is all new to me. Only issue I dont like is they wont open all the way when in back seat. They hit the cross bar.
2021 Turbo S 4
My son takes out the passenger seat on our 2 seater and uses the box when he rides solo
I just saw the lock and ride box's for the back seats. I think one would be enough and then a the Milwaukee pack out for the bed.

Now what do we put in them. I want to carry anything and everything I might need. Ball joint press slide hammer ect

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I just saw the lock and ride box's for the back seats. I think one would be enough and then a the Milwaukee pack out for the bed.

Now what do we put in them. I want to carry anything and everything I might need. Ball joint press slide hammer ect
Murphy says to pull a spare machine behind you then; because Murphy says that whatever you have with you will*NOT* be what breaks.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Axles, ball joints, tie-rods(inner and outer), tire plugs, air compressor, spare tire, zip ties(can never have too many), electrical tape, assorted nuts and bolts, ratchet straps(I have strapped upper and lower a-arms together to limp a machine out of the woods when both ball joint broke), tools to change all the the crap I've listed and much, much more.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Murphy says to pull a spare machine behind you then; because Murphy says that whatever you have with you will*NOT* be what breaks.
I was gonna do that, but could decide how to strap it to the bed of our rzr! Lol!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Axles, ball joints, tie-rods(inner and outer), tire plugs, air compressor, spare tire, zip ties(can never have too many), electrical tape, assorted nuts and bolts, ratchet straps(I have strapped upper and lower a-arms together to limp a machine out of the woods when both ball joint broke), tools to change all the the crap I've listed and much, much more.
Don’t forget duck tape!

·
Registered
854 Posts
OK thank you will definitely look into it. Not gonna have what happened this past weekend happen again.
They’re not cheap. I have one in mine backseat. I put tool bag spare belts tierods radius rods and rain gear in that box. If I do it over I’d go with a toolbox like I have in the back or pack out boxes like rzrjoe has in his backseat. We carry enough tools to completely take apart a rzr lol. Except a clutch puller...

·
Super Moderator
6,943 Posts
Some of the stuff we ride if you break and can't fix it you're screwed. So we've learned over the years what to carry. You can never carry everything possible so the most common stuff:

Nuts & bolts (all suspension)
Heim joints (tie-rods)
Front / rear axles
Ball Joints
Fuses
Relays
Fluids
Belt

Tools - everything I need to fix just about any part of the machine
ratchet straps
shackles / tow straps
jack
chain saw (depending on location)
XLarge zip ties
Loctite
Plumbers Goo
Tire repair stuff

Safety:
First aid kit
Food & emergency items incase we are stranded

Not going to list everything because it would be waaaaay too long.

The list gets long fast but try to run every scenario and prepare as much as possible.

My idea of storage:

(3) Milwaukee Packout Storage Solutions | Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net

·
Registered
3,971 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Tire repair - Viair 88P air compressor, Bead Buster XB-450, tire spoon, Safety Seal plug kit, Sidewall Slugs x2, Colby valve stems x2, tubes x2, 100 lb braided fishing line to sew a sidewall gash if ripped bad enough, valve core tool and 4 extra bead lock bolts.

Brakes - front RH & LH brake lines, used set of front & rear pads(for 1 caliper), small new bottle of DOT 4 brake fluid.

Steering/front suspension - 2 ea ball joint & removal/installation tool, inner & outer tie rod ends, 2 long & 2 short a-arm bolts w/ nuts & washers, 2 shock bolts, 2 ball joint pinch bolts, now carry a spare threaded pivot block for my SATV lower a-arm

Rear suspension - 1 ea upper & lower factory radius rod zip tied to frame, rod ends for aftermarket radius rods currently installed, 2 outer & 2 inner radius rod bolts & 2 shock bolts.

Axles - 1 ea Rhino 2.0 front & rear axle, axle nuts, washers & cotter pins, extra lug nuts

Engine - 1 gal new Polaris 5-50 oil (also works in front diff & trans in a pinch), small funnel & hose, new oil filter, drain plug & crush washer, extra front diff & trans drain plugs, spark plugs, voltage regulator, fuel pump rebuild kit, HEET

Clutches - primary clutch puller, new primary & secondary clutch bolts, 3 new primary sliders, 3 new secondary helix sliders & 3 buttons, new helix cap & the 3 screws for it, 2 spare belts, homemade clutch compressor tool to disassemble primary and secondary in the field.

Other - Milwaukee 18V 1/2” Fuel impact(the big one), paper service manual, carrier bearing(just the bearing itself), radiator stop leak, extensive electrical kit & voltmeter, 3/4 & 1 hose splices & clamps, multiple hose clamps, cotter pins, zip ties, Water Weld & JB Weld, multiple misc bolts & hardware, Loctite, small tube of RTV to seal front diff or trans in a pinch, small can of Corrosion-X, dielectric grease

I’m sure there’s plenty of other stuff I’m forgetting, that’s all off the top of my head.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you guys the list is growing the ideas are flowing. I appreciate you guys taking the time to share your thoughts. I have a lot to learn when it comes to SXS stuff. I kinda jumped into this Hobbie head first. 3 months ago. I bought the best machine I could get poured some cash into aftermarket but was to damn cheap to buy some tools and things I needed to get ack to camp. I love to ride and live life on the edge.
But I found out first hand not being prepared was down right foolish and could of cost me a very nice machine. I've raced hair scrambles and rode sleds for years. So I have that extreme riding nature in me. But some of the situations I've been in these last few trips I'm lucky all I broke was ball joints. I will now carry as many tools and parts as I can. I will also have my glock with me at all times.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What tools do you recommend? Like smallest to biggest sock size do I need metric and standard? Any special tools outside of slide hammer ball joint press. Tools I wouldn't think of cheater bar? Number one tool you don't leave home with out.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts