Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
unless I over looked them, the outer rear pivot on knuckles don't have grease zerks..... anyone drill/tap hole and put grease zerks out there on the outer upper & lower rear pivots?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Correct, you did not overlook them. Yes, zerks have been put in by various members. The necessity of zerks there have not been proven to me yet.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
........anyone drill/tap hole and put grease zerks out there on the outer upper & lower rear pivots?
Yes, I and several others have. They are the only bushings on the RZR (aside from the shocks) that don't come from the factory with zerks.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, thought while this engine ordeal is going on, might pull those pivots apart ,put some marine grease in/on them and drill/tap install grease zerk in the alum knuckle.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Correct, you did not overlook them. Yes, zerks have been put in by various members. The necessity of zerks there have not been proven to me yet.
I put zerts in mine when I replaced my wore out bushings on my 2011 at 1000 miles.

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
pppfffttt on warranty, won't cover the bearing carrier anyway.

Look for the thread "grease zircs the RZR should have come with". It gives good thought on where to drill and tap and what angle zirc fittings to use.

After drilling and tapping the bearing carrier, you will have to push the bushings in, use some sort of marker to mark the bushings, then use a burr to cut out the hole, half from each ends' bushing. Otherwise the grease won't get to the rod that rides in the bushing...which is what it is all about.

Yes it is a good idea. The Polaris bushings wear pretty quickly and I haven't gotten around to getting Delrin bushings from ????

Pirate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts