Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

Vendor
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I sold my Onyx Black Turbo S. I was really torn about letting it go. I really loved the car. We had so many good times together 馃槅 I ended up switching my order to a Turbo R Ultimate a few weeks ago and yesterday I got word it was in transit to my dealer. I just hope that the Turbo R lives up to the Turbo S. The Turbo S set the bar pretty high for performance and never let me down.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Current state of the Turbo R (7/12/22):
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Vendor
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How many mods do you have lined up for the Turbo R already :D
I've been trying to restrain myself but as the Chief product tester here at Hardline UTV, we have to spend some capital, you know, for testing!! I still have to get the CEO's AKA Wife's approval though just like everyone else. :)

Premium Member
2021 PXP4 Ultimate
I've been trying to restrain myself but as the Chief product tester here at Hardline UTV, we have to spend some capital, you know, for testing!! I still have to get the CEO's AKA Wife's approval though just like everyone else. :)
But it鈥檚 business development. Tell her you gotta spend money to make money!

Vendor
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are a few things I have lined up/planned so far.

2 of my 4 tires came in yesterday. I decided to give the 35" EFX Motoravage XLs a try. It's a pretty rowdy tire. The tread blocks are huge! Can't wait to see them on the car.
Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread Rim

There aren't a ton of options for wheels yet for the 5 lug Turbo Rs and Pro Rs. We got signed up as a Pro Armor dealer last week and decided to place an order for their Rath beadlocks in Black.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hubcap Plant

I have had a new Viper V2 4500 wide spool sitting here for a few months saving it for a special occasion. Hopefully it will fit.
Toy Automotive exterior Machine Rectangle Font

I decided to go with a lower cost winch mount option, this one from Rough Country PN: 93140. It says it fits the Pro R but no mention of the Turbo R. Seems the winch area on the Pro R and Turbo R are the same so hopefully it fits. For $165 bucks it comes with a little light bar.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

I have had these seats for a few months now just waiting on the car to arrive. PRP GT3s
Bag Automotive design Auto part Font Luggage and bags

I also have a set of PRP bags ready to go in:
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle

I ordered this UTVZilla full glass windshield a couple of weeks ago and have it ready to go on. I've had several of their windshields on cars in the past and have always been very happy with them. Made in the USA too.
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

I ordered this budget friendly Audio upgrade (rear speakers) that I pieced together on Amazon. Sautv speaker enclosures, Polk marine Speakers and some plugs that I read you need to make the speakers plug and play. I believe the rear speakers on the 4 seater are pre-wired to the 4ch amp so I am hoping this will be pretty easy.
Font Screenshot Web page Parallel Number

Razorback Belt Temp Gauge:
Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

That's it for the moment. I will probably also get a clutch kit soon and a WD Electronics street legal kit. I'll post up more pics and feedback on the parts once the car arrives and I get some of these things installed.

Vendor
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got it home today! Some early observations: It feels like it sits much higher to get in and out of than my Turbo S with 32s. The engine seems louder than my Turbo S. The gears do feel much lower. The Maxxis tires seem to be a surprisingly soft compound. RC has no WiFi, tethering to sync my old rides from the Ride Command web site sucks :(
Wheel Tire Cloud Car Vehicle

Registered
2022 RZR Pro XP Premium
nice machine Seth! I had rec'd an email that my Ride Command would lack WiFi on the Pro XP that I ordered last year, and then it totally lacked RC on my Premium, but hey, at least I have had a machine to ride this year. I hope to add RC someday.

Vendor
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Although I spent a lot of time working on the machine yesterday I didn't get a lot done on the Turbo R unfortunately.

First I installed the PRP Door bags/knee pads. I was very pleased with how they installed and fit. They look great in the car too. It took maybe 30 minutes for both sides combined. Just take 11 T40 bolts out of the door frame on each side and then the bags sandwich between the door plastics and the frame.
Car Hood Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Next I decided to do the speakers. This was pretty straight forward. I had read on Amazon reviews that the plug on the enclosure kit didn't match the prewired plug on the car for the rear speakers and that proved to be true. First order was to cut off the plug that came on the enclosure kit and connect the new Doorman PN:91441 female pigtail to the enclosure wiring. I used those butt connectors that you heat up with a heat gun that have solder in them and then to make them look a little prettier, I put black heat shrink around them.
Material property Font Gadget Electronic device Eyewear

Automotive tire Automotive design Audio equipment Grey Rim

Fixture Composite material Gas Auto part Metal

Due to the way the grills for the Polk speakers protrude out, they interfered with the bracket that holds the speakers down. I had to get out the angle grinder and take a corner down. I filed it with a rasp and then shot a little spray paint on them. I am curious to see what the Polaris brackets and speaker grills look like up close. It wasn't a big deal but it definitely added some time to the install and it's not perfect now but not really noticeable either.
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Car

Polk included some little silver emblems so I stuck them on the enclosures. You would never know they are China specials under those fancy emblems! You can see here I also discovered I am missing a bolt along the back. Thanks Polaris. Total cost for the audio upgrade was $212. Compared to the price of the Polaris/Rockford kit, this is pretty good.
Land vehicle Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

I discovered why my retractable belt wasn't working very well. Thanks again Polaris!
Tire Automotive tire Hood Tread Automotive design

Next comes the disappointing part of this story. I had the set of GT3 seats sitting here for a while now waiting on the car to arrive. I was thinking it would take 30 minutes to install the seats at most. Long story short, the bracket kits for the Seats suck! For the driver seat, you have 8 lock nuts that are up under the seat that you have to bolt the seats down with. So to remove the seat, yes, all 8 nuts have to come off and they are not easy to get to. Between that and the unstrapping of the harnesses, it TOTALLY SUCKS to get the driver seat in or out. Even with practice, I bet it would take 15 minutes just to get the driver's seat out and another 15 minutes to get it back in. I got it in there though and then moved on to the passenger side. Since the two seater doesn't have a seat slider on the passenger side (thanks again Polaris) the brackets for the other seat are different. You can get the seat in with 4 bolts on the passenger side but part of the stock brackets that you remove is where the leg harness for the click 6 harness bolts down. And PRP didn't put in a provision on their bracket for the leg harness strap. It just says in the instructions that it will have to be relocated but no indication how or where. I called PRP and they said since it was a safety item, they couldn't give any advice on where or how to relocate it. I looked for some time for a suitable replacement place to drill a hole and bolt it back down and there just isn't a great option. Even though there are only 4 bolts for the passenger side seat to get it in and out, it is still no fun at all to try to get them lined up and tightened down. It's probably a 15 minute job on the passenger side to get the seat out too. Now I am sitting here sweating in the 95 degree heat, tired of messing with the harness straps and bolts and thinking about drilling a hole in my new car somewhere for the leg strap and thinking about how it's going to take me an hour just to change the air filter (it's behind the seats) and at this point I decided to call it and go back to the stock seats for now. PRP is supposed to be coming out with some better brackets for the Pro XPs in August but until they do, I give up! This is so disappointing! After some research I see that Simpson has a better bracket kit, I might order it and see if it will work with my PRP seats and Click 6 harnesses. For now though, NO PRP Seats in my Turbo R :(

Even with better brackets that make the seats removable like the factory seats, due to the Click 6 harnesses running through both the back of the seat and the side bolster and the leg harnesses going over the seat, that really makes it a lot of work to get the seats out completely to work on anything. This wouldn't be as bad with regular harnesses.

Dang it looked good and was so comfortable too:
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Plant Personal luxury car

Later in the afternoon, the UPS truck brought my Pro Armor Rath wheels. I opened one up and realized they didn't come with valve stems (duh). I thought about running to the auto parts store, which is about a 15 minute drive, and then I thought about the tire shop that is only a 5 minute drive. And then I thought, why not just pay them to mount them if I have to drive up there anyway. (my buddy who has the same wheels for his Pro R had already told me he couldn't even get his mounted himself anyway so I knew it was going to be a battle). I loaded up the tires and wheels in the back of my trusty Tahoe and headed up before the shop closed. I found out right away, the local tire shop, formerly Family Tire but recently acquired by Integrity, doesn't do beadlocks any more :(. Fortunately I was able to convince them to mount them and do everything but the beadlock rings. That was at 5:45 last night and I am currently waiting on them to let me know when they are ready for pickup. I am also waiting on my UTVZilla windshield to arrive later today via FedEx. If all goes as planned, I'll get the windshield and wheels installed later today in time to hit the trail in the morning for the first ride.

Premium Member
Although I spent a lot of time working on the machine yesterday I didn't get a lot done on the Turbo R unfortunately.

First I installed the PRP Door bags/knee pads. I was very pleased with how they installed and fit. They look great in the car too. It took maybe 30 minutes for both sides combined. Just take 11 T40 bolts out of the door frame on each side and then the bags sandwich between the door plastics and the frame.
View attachment 701093

Next I decided to do the speakers. This was pretty straight forward. I had read on Amazon reviews that the plug on the enclosure kit didn't match the prewired plug on the car for the rear speakers and that proved to be true. First order was to cut off the plug that came on the enclosure kit and connect the new Doorman PN:91441 female pigtail to the enclosure wiring. I used those butt connectors that you heat up with a heat gun that have solder in them and then to make them look a little prettier, I put black heat shrink around them.
View attachment 701094
View attachment 701097
View attachment 701096

Due to the way the grills for the Polk speakers protrude out, they interfered with the bracket that holds the speakers down. I had to get out the angle grinder and take a corner down. I filed it with a rasp and then shot a little spray paint on them. I am curious to see what the Polaris brackets and speaker grills look like up close. It wasn't a big deal but it definitely added some time to the install and it's not perfect now but not really noticeable either.
View attachment 701098

Polk included some little silver emblems so I stuck them on the enclosures. You would never know they are China specials under those fancy emblems! You can see here I also discovered I am missing a bolt along the back. Thanks Polaris. Total cost for the audio upgrade was $212. Compared to the price of the Polaris/Rockford kit, this is pretty good.
View attachment 701099

I discovered why my retractable belt wasn't working very well. Thanks again Polaris!
View attachment 701100

Next comes the disappointing part of this story. I had the set of GT3 seats sitting here for a while now waiting on the car to arrive. I was thinking it would take 30 minutes to install the seats at most. Long story short, the bracket kits for the Seats suck! For the driver seat, you have 8 lock nuts that are up under the seat that you have to bolt the seats down with. So to remove the seat, yes, all 8 nuts have to come off and they are not easy to get to. Between that and the unstrapping of the harnesses, it TOTALLY SUCKS to get the driver seat in or out. Even with practice, I bet it would take 15 minutes just to get the driver's seat out and another 15 minutes to get it back in. I got it in there though and then moved on to the passenger side. Since the two seater doesn't have a seat slider on the passenger side (thanks again Polaris) the brackets for the other seat are different. You can get the seat in with 4 bolts on the passenger side but part of the stock brackets that you remove is where the leg harness for the click 6 harness bolts down. And PRP didn't put in a provision on their bracket for the leg harness strap. It just says in the instructions that it will have to be relocated but no indication how or where. I called PRP and they said since it was a safety item, they couldn't give any advice on where or how to relocate it. I looked for some time for a suitable replacement place to drill a hole and bolt it back down and there just isn't a great option. Even though there are only 4 bolts for the passenger side seat to get it in and out, it is still no fun at all to try to get them lined up and tightened down. It's probably a 15 minute job on the passenger side to get the seat out too. Now I am sitting here sweating in the 95 degree heat, tired of messing with the harness straps and bolts and thinking about drilling a hole in my new car somewhere for the leg strap and thinking about how it's going to take me an hour just to change the air filter (it's behind the seats) and at this point I decided to call it and go back to the stock seats for now. PRP is supposed to be coming out with some better brackets for the Pro XPs in August but until they do, I give up! This is so disappointing! After some research I see that Simpson has a better bracket kit, I might order it and see if it will work with my PRP seats and Click 6 harnesses. For now though, NO PRP Seats in my Turbo R :(

Even with better brackets that make the seats removable like the factory seats, due to the Click 6 harnesses running through both the back of the seat and the side bolster and the leg harnesses going over the seat, that really makes it a lot of work to get the seats out completely to work on anything. This wouldn't be as bad with regular harnesses.

Dang it looked good and was so comfortable too:
View attachment 701102

Later in the afternoon, the UPS truck brought my Pro Armor Rath wheels. I opened one up and realized they didn't come with valve stems (duh). I thought about running to the auto parts store, which is about a 15 minute drive, and then I thought about the tire shop that is only a 5 minute drive. And then I thought, why not just pay them to mount them if I have to drive up there anyway. (my buddy who has the same wheels for his Pro R had already told me he couldn't even get his mounted himself anyway so I knew it was going to be a battle). I loaded up the tires and wheels in the back of my trusty Tahoe and headed up before the shop closed. I found out right away, the local tire shop, formerly Family Tire but recently acquired by Integrity, doesn't do beadlocks any more :(. Fortunately I was able to convince them to mount them and do everything but the beadlock rings. That was at 5:45 last night and I am currently waiting on them to let me know when they are ready for pickup. I am also waiting on my UTVZilla windshield to arrive later today via FedEx. If all goes as planned, I'll get the windshield and wheels installed later today in time to hit the trail in the morning for the first ride.
I was like you Seth in my T&R running the PRP seats (I went with the XC)- and the leg straps on my 6 point harness were such a pain to even get into the car, from where Polaris had them mounted for the stock seats. Most of the time they just didn't get used unless I was doing some serious riding. I dumped them for now and went with the OEM till PRP comes up with something better for the awkward mounting. Mine originally were bolted to the front of the base below the seat. --Also I put in a seat slider in the passenger seat from Polaris , it made life so much easier.

Vendor
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I didn't get to go riding yesterday but that did give me some time to get my wheels and tires on. I am super happy with how they look and fit! The tires measure 35-1/4" inflated. That was good to see it is a true 35. Shoot me a PM for a rzrforums.net member price on either the Pro Armor Rath beadlock or the EFX Motoravage XL. Hopefully I'll have some time later today to get the UTVZilla windshield installed.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Automotive design

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Black

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Vendor
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I installed the UTVZilla windshield and the Axia Alloys rear view mirror yesterday. I do like the vent system on this windshield but it is hard to reach the lever on the passenger side from the driver's seat. I just used the bolts that came with the Axia Alloys mirror (M6) and drilled and tapped holes in the bottom of the factory mirror mount that is welded to the ROPs. It worked great.

Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Automotive mirror Vehicle Mirror Automotive tire Bumper

Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Bumper

1 - 20 of 50 Posts