Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody doing anything " out of the box"? Just talked to an engineer who thinks moving the front A arms shock mounts inward would really improve ride.
I remember reading on here of a guy who put two tender springs on the rear shock. ????

·
Registered
381 Posts
I was the guy who added tenders to front and back, that worked well but not perfect.. I also purchased a set of rear shocks, removed the springs.... put the front springs (two tenders and stock spring) on them, changed the valving to identical front valving..... That added an additional inch of shock compression travel (extension remained the same as stock)... Update to present day... I have ordered softer compression valve stacks for the front shocks and ordered stronger compression stack for the rear... Just havent found the sweet setting just yet.

Latest addition was Nitrogen bladders from PEP, (allowing the removal of the IFP(internal floating piston) and the needle nitrogen fill for the resi.) and the FOX DSC compression adjusters (High and low speed damping)..(stage one from fox) the latest valving using stock fox pistons (2 hole bleed) is FRONT shocks 65# comp (No flutter stack) and 65# rebound REAR is 75# comp and 75# rebound. Keeping in mind I added the stock tender spring w/ spacers to have two tenders at each shock plus main spring. No crossovers as I am allowing the tenders to go into coil bind to effectively make the crossover to the main.. This setup uses about 1 1/4" of the shock travel before going to the main spring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts